Jambands.ca

House for rent in Ottawa - centre of the action

Hux

The house next to ours is available. It's part of the whole "that place" experiment in hippie community living in the heart of downtown Ottawa complex, ie. the backyard backs onto the back driveway/area.

3 bedrooms, they were getting $1,300, but I'm sure you could talk them down to $1,000. I don't have any other details.

We'd love to have it taken over by headies.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

I recall an incident outside Mavericks one night (it might have been a NYE), when some people were heard to say they were going to "that place", except nobody from that place, or anybody who knew those who live there, knew the people. They had heard about it as a party place, and were going to show up, uninvited and not knowing either the occupants or the friends of the house. It was around then that the filter was put in place. (I've actually uploaded a couple of shows recorded there, and have listed the exact address, but I've been given permission to do so by the occupants.)

Aloha,

Brad

If this was the end of the summer, I'd be game. I'll be looking for a place come august and would REALLY like moving in with like minded folk so if anyone grabs this and is still looking for a roomate come the end of august, count me in.

My current roomate is in her last year of law school so I can't make much noise and I keep my "smoking" secret (if I ever get in trouble, I don't want to kill her career as a lawyer so what she doesn't know hopefully won't hurt her). I'm also paying more than I would in a $1300/3 person house.

Canada day sounds good. Brad was telling me about the Canada day festivities at a show this weekend and it piqued my interest quite thoroughly. I've spent the last crap load of Canada day's getting drunk and stoned on the Hill and then hitting a bar afterwards but that isn't near as much fun as a party with bands and all good people.