Jambands.ca

good movie // bad movie

gentlemonkey

TERRIBLE: A Sound Of Thunder (Douglas's moving picking privledges are officially revoked)

Booche's remote control privledges have been revoked...I begged him to turn it off. I cringed more at that movie than I did while watching Hostel....which by the way was not such a great movie, but was packed facking full of fantastic gore. So much gore in fact, that more than once I yelled "WHY? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THAT? WHY AM I WATCHING THIS? I HATE THIS MOVIE! FOR THE LOVE OF FACK!"

ok...so...

good: Cocktail

bad: The Chuniest Shuni

hahahahahaha!!! Tickle soup, anyone?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

GOOD: Hustle and Flow, The Notebook, V For Vendetta, My Big Fat Greek Wedding...

BAD: Soul Plane, The Friday After Next, Mission To Mars, geez I can't remember names of bad movies... I think I try to repress the memory of them...

good: The Jacket

bad: Unleashed (the one where Jet Li plays a dog, not the one from 1997 that I read about on the internet about two guys who each have a dog and try to swoon this girl who will pick one of them based on which dog she likes better, which, I must say, sounds very charming.)

When director Peckinpah saw a shot he did not like during a screening of dailies, he urinated in the screening room.

How about Being There, really neat movie.

I'm not the hugest fan of old movies but I watched Ben Hur the other day and not only made it through the 4 hours but thought it was pretty good too.

I also thought King Kong was pretty good, even if just because the effects made the giant ape and dinosaurs look pretty damn real.

Good: Trainspotting

Bad: Shallow Grave

Not that the latter is necessarily bad per se, but I just prefer movies that don't have a point besides how pathetic people can be and how awful it can end up. There is though something redeeming in the way Trainspotting ends (like Pulp Fiction or American Beauty).

Same reason I'm not at all jazzed on Unforgiven or Mystic River.

Also, wanted to add just a few words about Domino- I feel that I let is off the hook too easily.

Holy God, is it bad.

I didnt for one second believe Keira Knightly as the 'all business, tough as nails, model turned bounty hunter', Domino Harvey. It seemed like the movie is based soley on the concept and the imagery it provides..picture Knightly looking all edgy, with a smoke in her mouth and a gun over her shoulder, with a hip haircut, and a bloody nose.. yessssss!!! OK, now insert some new age rock, and fragmented Rock Video style cinematography... YESSSSSSSS!!!!! PRINT IT!!! (insert badly exagerrated story)

There are so many things wrong with this movie. I wont get into details, because as far as bad movies go, its a legend. It really blows me away that millions can be thrown away making garbage like this.

Even Mickey Rourke sucked....

Good: Enron- The Smartest Guys in the Room, Capote, Kung-Fu Hustle

Bad: North Country (Charlize Theron, not bad until the last 30 minutes and then TERRIBLE)

Walk the Line. Too formulaic.

Meh: Walmart - The High Cost of Low Price - Interesting but lacking narative. Doesn't ring as true for me when half the complaints aren't really Walmart's fault as much as they are American style capitalism and American health care system in general.

that one dima said was good, is good. the story of a top world DJ who goes deaf, and has to learn to dj again. and he does it so well. awesome movie, caught the last 2/3rds of it, loved it.

bad: pride and prejudice. nore to self, dont let mel pick more movies, though she redeemed herself on that north country femal mine worker movie. that wasnt all bad.

I think I'll rent domino now just based on these scathing reviews.

Bad movies suck but exceptionally horrible movies can be enjoyable on another level.

With soooo many great movies made every year, not to mention the hundreds of classics you've probably never seen, why rent a piece of crap and waste your money?