May 6th - Toronto Marijuana March - QUEENS PARK

Jay Funk Dawg

TorontoGlobalMarijuanaMarchEflyer.jpg

Parade down Yonge St

Time: 11am until 8pm

Cost: FREE

Location: Queen's Park North, behind the legislature on University Avenue

http://www.cannabisweek.ca

Could you fit 20,000 cannabis-loving buddies into your living room? We couldn't either, so we've invited you all to Queen's Park, and the sunny streets of Toronto, Canada. Sing, dance, drum, march, and show your strength as we take over the downtown core for a full-out, smoke-fuelled, good-time festival.

You want entertainment? Two stages will showcase a wild mix of Canadian and international talent. Vendors from across North America will be on hand to display the latest and greatest of the cannabis lifestyle. Some surprise guest and random happening will round out one smokin' hot march.

sponsored by Nufunk Concerts.

That's what I was thinking, same with the Ottawa one, Fill the Hill, if they have it this year (the turnout last year wasn't so good but other years have been).

What I wish is that all the folks that smoke would come out to these things. I know so many people who smoke but can't do something like that in public because of jobs, etc (especially with the tv cameras there). If they were seen on tv it would jeoperdize their career, blah, blah, blah.

It would be nice too imo if people wren't so wookie at these things.

I think it would help the cause an awefull lot if folks dressed up in their sunday best kinda thing.

Not that I'm into uniforms or uniformity but its just the way things are....dress tip top/behave tip top and the general publics going to see it quite differently....imo.

good idea, seriously. Wear the most "conservative" clothes we can muster: suits and ties, etc. Can you imagine all the uptightwads at home going, who are these respectable people smoking pot? Confuse the hell out of them.

Reminds me of this tactic by some dude from NOW magazine during the lead up to the Iraq war. There was the pro-USA (pro-war) rally at City Hall in Toronto, and he wanted to go down to protest them. Instead, he mused, it would be better to mingle with the crowd holding these huge signs that said stuff like "fuck Peace" "Bomb them Back to the Stone Age" etc. Generally making fun of them and pointing out how ridiculous that stand seems when not masked by "support our troops" bullshit mentality.

It would be nice too imo if people wren't so wookie at these things.

I think it would help the cause an awefull lot if folks dressed up in their sunday best kinda thing.

Not that I'm into uniforms or uniformity but its just the way things are....dress tip top/behave tip top and the general publics going to see it quite differently....imo.

Thanks for saying that. IMO that's one of the major problem's in being taken seriously. At Fill the Hill last year or the year before there was a woman running for the Green Party and she was topless and wearing tiny little leather shorts. Although her look was very pleasant to the eye, it wasn't exactly an outfit that says "Hey, take me seriously".

That's a problem I have with society, though. Why the hell shouldn't she run around topless with tiny shorts? What's wrong with that? She would have been much more respected wearing kahkis, etc, which is just sad since she'd still be the same person. Unfortunately, that's how it is, and you're right, if people dressed a little nicer, the rally's would come off better. Small steps, we'll work on society once we're allowed to smoke.