buy tickets 7/14/06 Winnipeg, MB: MTS Center

buy tickets 7/25/06 Concord, CA: Chronicle Pavilion

buy tickets 7/27/06 Seattle, WA: White River Amphitheater

buy tickets 7/28/06 Portland, OR: Clark County Amphitheater

buy tickets 8/12/06 Washington, DC: Nissan Pavilion

buy tickets 8/20/06 Holmdel, NJ: PNC Bank Arts Center

buy tickets 8/22/06 Wantagh, NY: Jones Beach

buy tickets 8/31/06 Detroit, MI: Palace at Auburn Hills

Don't worry there will be a Toronto date, though I'm not at liberty to say when that date will be at this moment and time.

Tim

Thanks for the tease. I was really disappointed I missed them last time they were in Toronto. There's no way I'm going to miss this one.

i wonder if it'll be a two night stand like the last two times they came?

i'd put as much money on that as they Carry On opener.

I don't know if it will be a two night stand or not?

And you would have to give me odds if I were to put money against "Carry On" being the opener.

Tim

It will be at the ACC.

Why oh why oh why do these bands insult our ears by playing at that monsterous cavern of dismal acoustics? Does nobody care what music sounds like anymore? At least play a second night at Massey Hall. I'd pay 50% more to see them somewhere I can hear them.

It will be at the ACC.

Why oh why oh why do these bands insult our ears by playing at that monsterous cavern of dismal acoustics? Does nobody care what music sounds like anymore? At least play a second night at Massey Hall. I'd pay 50% more to see them somewhere I can hear them.

Well at least the ACC was a step up from MLG.

Tim

i agree...somewhat.

i dont i like it when the artist plays a small venue, when they could easily sell a larger one, especially on a tour.

a one off event? sure.

neil solo in massey. great.

but csny in massey would be impossible to get tickets....i have close to a dozen friends joining me on the csny show at ACC. i know it would be impossible for even myself to get a ticket at Massey for neil, nevermind the rest of the fans that like to see him.

however, a more mid-level place, such as RTH would be appropriate....still enough seats to hold a lot of fans, but a helluva lot better sounding than ACC.

Billboard: CSNY Hitting The Road This Summer

April 24, 2006, 11:25 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

An announcement is expected today (April 24) regarding this summer's Crosby Stills Nash & Young Freedom of Speech tour, Billboard.com has learned. The 35-date tour, promoted by The Next Adventure, will begin July 6 at the Tweeter Center near Philadelphia, and run through Sept. 10 in at the Post-Gazette Pavilion in Burgettstown, Pa.

Neil Young will be touring in support of two albums: his 2005 acoustic set "Prairie Wind" and a politically charged rock album, "Living With War," which will begin streaming Friday for free on his Web site.

There had been speculation that Young might tour with his rock band Crazy Horse this year, but a CSNY tour is always welcome, according to TNA President Arthur Fogel. "They've been talking about doing this on and off for a while, but it's up to them when the stars all align and they decide to do it," Fogel tells Billboard.com. " It has been four years since they've gone out, and this is one of those things [where] when you get them all together, it's pretty magical."

Ticket prices will be "pretty similar to last time," Fogel says, and will top out in $175-$250, depending on the market. Lawn and upper-tier arena tickets will be in the $30-$35 range. There will be a fanclub pre-sale later this week, and tickets will go on sale to the general public this weekend.

CSNY last toured in 2002, grossing more than $35 million, ninth best for the year. The CSNY2K tour in 2000, the group's first as a foursome in 20 years, grossed $42 million.

i agree...somewhat.

i dont i like it when the artist plays a small venue, when they could easily sell a larger one, especially on a tour.

a one off event? sure.

neil solo in massey. great.

but csny in massey would be impossible to get tickets....i have close to a dozen friends joining me on the csny show at ACC. i know it would be impossible for even myself to get a ticket at Massey for neil, nevermind the rest of the fans that like to see him.

however, a more mid-level place, such as RTH would be appropriate....still enough seats to hold a lot of fans, but a helluva lot better sounding than ACC.

Hey secondtube,

Have you been to Roy Thomson Hall?

I say this as your above statement does not make any sense, Roy Thomson Hall has the exact same seating capacity as Massey Hall (both are stated at approximately 2,800).

On the other hand the Air Canada Centre with the different full venue configurations (rear stage or no rear stage/in the round or stage west) seats from 16,000 to 20,000.

Tim

Edited by Guest

Hey secondtube,

I see your point as RTH does seem like a more spacious venue than Massey, making it seem like it has a larger seating capacity.

The Hummingbird Centre seems larger as well, but it is still only nominially larger (the Hummingbird seats 3,200) than Massey and RTH (2,800).

Really to go to mid size venues in the GTA you need to go to either Ricoh Coliseum (seating capacity 4,300 to 8,100), Hershey Centre and/or Arrow Hall.

Tim