Jambands.ca

COME TOGIVE'R HYPE THREAD

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I (always) love to hear the Fatties play. I've said that on this board too many times to count. They are one of my absolutely positively all-time favourite bands, so I'd be happy if they closed and played two sets. But different people like different things, and JSB always seems to deliver in a big way at fests, and lots of people love them.

I'm not sure if Mike Flip-o-switch :) will still be around on Sunday night, but if he is, it would be a treat to see him join Superstack for some late night guitar jamming in the saloon. Or get Crissinger in there. Or Gillies. Or maybe there will be the ultimate campfire jam going on somewhere ...

I love how everyone somehow manages to fit into the saloon, no matter how small it is and how many people are at the festival. There is usually enough campfire music going on that people have a variety of late-night musical happenings to choose from.

OK, now I'm getting excited thinking about next weekend!

Peace, Mark

Different is good no?

I know a lot of young cats who prefer JSB over the Fatties and this little switch is definitely making the fest better for them. The newbies didn't grow up on The Fatties and Burt so for these bands to close this festival every time makes the fest stale and predictable. They'll lose interest. Not good.

I for one am looking forward to my first Fattie's day trip.

I know I obviously have a vested interest in what I'm aboot to say here, but there are a lot of young band's coming with new sounds that really would do well with some support as they play their early sets. The vacancy in front of the stage during the day is unlike any other fest I've been too. We talk a big game about supporting live music, and for the most part we follow through well. Good on us, but you gotsta support the youth if there's gonna be a future, me included.

Much respect and love,

See you in the sun!

Deeps

hey deeps....maybe you didn't get the memo....the day time is for sleeping at ctmf, not for band seeing.

the earlier nights and better bands playing during the day will make for an interesting experiment though. i'm looking forward to seeing the results.

....the day time is for sleeping at ctmf, not for band seeing.

Sleep???? I may have passed out for a couple of hours in the morning at these thingsbut sleep, No, not when there's so many good bands to see. The Jacob Fred Jazz Oddessey did a 1 P.M. set before. How could one have slept through that?

Edited by Guest

my god, how did this get here so soon????????

I've had "find and sort camping stuff" on my to-do list for a week now, and I'd better find the time to friggin do it SOON methinks!

We have NO IDEA how to get to GhostTown, but will pray that the "God of Drunks and Idiots" steers us right.

I'm so looking forward to seeing a buncha youse freaks again....and meeting some new faces from the board as well!

The Jacob Fred Jazz Oddessey did a 1 P.M. set before. How could one have slept through that?

sure wasn't lookin pretty... but I sure wasn't sleepin

Fat Cats > JSB Sunday night lineup works great for me... love both acts but, like most Ontarians, get to see the Cats far more often than JSB (who are also launching their tour off this performance, which, to me, is exciting!)... JSB's Hamilton performances aren't a great reference point of their power to rock-it... have usually found Guelph/Toronto shows have had bigger bangs (and a big crowd up for some dancin)

in any case, sounds like one big FAT dance party to me!

Is there a ride thread for this? I haven't been on here for a while and couldn't find one in the search. I also just realized that it's next weekend and I don't have a ride yet. I'm in Ottawa and will share all expenses if someone has an extra spot in their car for me, my tent and my bag.

See y'all there

mattm - looks like the calamitous evil crew is coming from ottawa... might want to try to hit them up...

Oh, and I'm TOTALLY with Alexis on the closing band thing... Diesel dog gets what, like an hour? I was really hoping for some late night diesel dog that keeps going on and on. They should be thones that get to play until '???'. I would love it if diesel dog and superstack switched places on the schedule.

Is there a ride thread for this?

There should be - it might coax more of these layabout Ottawa folks to get off their lazy duffs and make the trek ;). I'd love to be able to offer you a lift and get you there (it's absolutely, unqualifiably a great time). We've been a little slow in promising rides just because we're not sure if we'll have the space, what with all the gear we have to haul, between music equipment and camping stuff; this is among the reasons our kids so rarely get to see me play - it's them or the amps :P.

That said, just who else from Ottawa is going?

That said, just who else from Ottawa is going?

I'm not. I plan on resting up and recovering this weekend (esp. after this week, with Black Crowes tonight and Slowcoaster on Wednesday, and esp. before the following weekend, with JSB on Friday night and Mr. Something Something on Saturday night).

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

mattm - looks like the calamitous evil crew is coming from ottawa... might want to try to hit them up...

Oh, and I'm TOTALLY with Alexis on the closing band thing... Diesel dog gets what, like an hour? I was really hoping for some late night diesel dog that keeps going on and on. They should be thones that get to play until '???'. I would love it if diesel dog and superstack switched places on the schedule.

eeeexcellent idea...coincidentally...diesel dog has a name perfect for demand style chanting!