Jambands.ca

COME TOGIVE'R HYPE THREAD

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can handle layering up... I'm just hoping for some dry weather. Besides, that saloon is going to be roastin!

A 40% chance of precipitation on Saturday is still in our favour.

Hey Jaydawg, better send out more of your

{{{{{{{goooood weather vibes}}}}}}}}

Pack appropriately folks, and we'll all have a good time!!

I'll be bringing a big, old winter coat and my rain coat, just in case. Hopefully I won't have to use them, or at least not very often.

On a related note, it is my understanding after communicating with Mark Wilson that there will be a huge tent covering the outdoor stage. The tent will cover the stage and most of the area in front of the stage where the audience will be. This will definitely be welcome if the weather is ugly.

Looking forward to a great weekend, no matter what the weather, but my fingers and toes are crossed for clear skies and warm weather.

Peace, Mark

Now, is there somewhere within walking distance like a river or lake should one wish to jump in the May waters for a nice morning shock?

Yes, there is a river (Rocky Saugeen) that is about an hour walk from Frontier Town. There are also cold showers on-site. Both will be very shocking. I usually make a point of showering because I'm a clean sort of fellow and I love the insane effect the cold has my body. One time it was so cold I swear my brain was shutting down every time I put my head under the water. Very crazy feeling. The cool thing is that you'll never feel warmer than you do after a shower like that. :D

I used Guelph's forecast off the Weather Network (figured they're an hour and a bit apart, more or less same dif) (wierd, did a search for Durham and it acted like I was speaking chinese)

well, if its rainin Saturday and we need some sunshine we know where it'll be!

(less chance of rain Fri on the actual Durham one!)

Edited by Guest
yes

I have a question since this will be my first CTMF. Should I be bringing alcohol or can I purchase it there? Or am I even allowed to bring some? Any other rules or such I should be prepared for?

Hmmm, still don't have a ride there and I can't rent a car :( The bus actually takes 1 day 2 hours to get to durham which kills that idea (and it doesn't come back for like a week I don't think).

Money to anyone that brings me. Even a ride from TO would be alright since I can bus it there pretty easily, I'd just have to know what time to arrive (and I'll pitch in on anything). I don't want to ask too much 'cause, aside from a few shows and my new guitar teacher, I haven't really met many of you, nor have you met me and I might be funny looking, you know?

I have a question since this will be my first CTMF. Should I be bringing alcohol or can I purchase it there? Or am I even allowed to bring some? Any other rules or such I should be prepared for?

You'll have to bring your own, it's not available for purchase at the site. The closest place is in Durham, where (IIRC) there's a Liquor Store (and I think I Beer Store, but I'm not sure).

Aloha,

Brad

Bring beer! Bring lots of beer! I imagine there's a beer store somewhere nearby, but it's nice not to run out, so bring lots! I would suggest cans as opposed to bottles.

I'm no help for a ride, but there's probably lots of people coming from Toronto and Hamilton, so good luck. Everyone should experience ghost town at least once so I hope you find a ride.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAON0201.htm

the chance of rain is going down and the temp is going up! I'm hoping that it'll keep raining until friday afternoon then stop for the weekend.

Hmmm, still don't have a ride there and I can't rent a car :( The bus actually takes 1 day 2 hours to get to durham which kills that idea (and it doesn't come back for like a week I don't think).

Money to anyone that brings me. Even a ride from TO would be alright since I can bus it there pretty easily, I'd just have to know what time to arrive (and I'll pitch in on anything). I don't want to ask too much 'cause, aside from a few shows and my new guitar teacher, I haven't really met many of you, nor have you met me and I might be funny looking, you know?

Matt, I cannot stress this enough, bring lots of toilet paper!!!! There are portable toilets but they get very messy

Deeps, thanks, I was going to start the guelph calling/begging tonight actually.

Toilet paper, good fucking idea and one that I never would have thought of.

Teeee, heeee, heeee, giddy like mad about this, can't wait, woo hooo!!!!

Wow, I'm really on the fence about this weekend. I'm in Waterloo, only 90min from CTMF, but I'm lacking a group of friends to travel up with... I have a vehicle, but I dunno........... already got the go ahead too for some SBD patches... yet still, I dunno......

I know Brad, this is killing me!! If I don't go, I won't get a chance to see JSB on this tour also, which sorta bites... if I can convince one of my friends to come, I'm there... hopefully he/she will have a tent and camping gear, cuz I've got nothing. Might be sleeping in the car :)