Jambands.ca

Radiohead dates -

Booche

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a little bit pissed off at the situation.... i was up allll night with my allergies... checking the waste site every half hour or so... finally fell asleep around 5 am, get to work at 7:40 and they're all gone.

damn.

better get some on friday

ad

I think it's very easy to disagree with the statement "Radiohead used to be a great band. Now they're just lazy." If you agree with that, then why are you so excited about seeing them live?

Oh, I'm excited because I know they will play some of their old stuff and I'm also excited at the remote possibility that they are doing something cool since I last payed attention.

Honestly, the band put together 'OK Computer' which is one of the best albums in the history of music. Then Thom seemed to panic and crumple under the pressure and rather than try to produce another album of that magnitude, they simply stayed a far away from it as they could musically, lest they be compared. Sure, there's a gem here and there on the albums that followed but for the most part they sound bored and depressed. Maybe I've just missed it; people change.

what gives you the impression that radiohead is lazy?

I agreed that they're lazy because they won't sit down and commit the emotional energy (and every other type required) to produce another album like 'OK Computer'. Instead they rest on their previous accomplishments and produce music that doesn't require as much of a committment yet continues to pay the bills.

You're assuming that they're able to produce another album like "OK Computer" if they want to, but haven't because they don't. Maybe the reason they haven't made another album as good as "OK Computer" is simply that they can't (or can't at the moment).

Aloha,

Brad

yeah that was real lazy going in a different direction with a new sound when they could of put out "OK COmputer 2" and made a shitload of money without trying. instead they made an album that could of tanked. just like OK could of tanked after there earlier records.

im sure there are people out there who would like them to make another bends album. I would rather listen to new tunes then repeats of the old ones.

Guest Low Roller

I personally find that Kid A is a brilliant album, and that Amnesiac is the greatest B-Sides album ever. Hail To The Thief was slightly over par for the course, but that's like comparing gold to diamonds.

I'm giddy as fcuk to hear their new stuff.

they won't sit down and commit the emotional energy

That is one of the blindest comments I have read in a loooooooong time. Then again, I always thought something was up with people who pour 3-4 ounces of whisky for a personal drink.

Its obvious that there is no accounting for taste.

That is one of the blindest comments I have read in a loooooooong time. Then again, I always thought something was up with people who pour 3-4 ounces of whisky for a personal drink.

Luckily I'm impervious to barbs from guys that would wear a lumber-jacket to a wine and cheese party. What was that about accounting for taste?

:P

(It was great to see you though!)