Jambands.ca

Oilers

SevenSeasJim

• 2 weeks later...
And I love that the Oil didn't lose on two Greene-caused power-plays. I felt bad for the kid.

That roughing call was chincey. I thought some of the hooking calls, on both teams, were bad too. I'm happy, for now, that the series didn't end with a power play goal.

Game 7, Cup finals, does it get any better than this?

Right now I'm thanking gawd that NBC is showing the finals. Who would have thought that when booking a trip to the States on JUNE FRICKIN' 19TH that the playoffs would still be going.

(side note - NBC's Emerick, Davidson and McGuire between the benches is OWNING CBC's coverage. I've only been switching to CBC for the intermissions.)

I ran into a pile of Oiler fans, including the orange tuxedo dudes, this morning at Pearson at Customs. Go Oil!

(side note - NBC's Emerick, Davidson and McGuire between the benches is OWNING CBC's coverage. I've only been switching to CBC for the intermissions.)

I couldnt agree more after flipping around last night. Harry Neale and Bob Cole have got to go. Who would have guess that NBC would ever own the CBC coverage???????????????

Wow.

For me, it is the clear-cut mistakes that disturb me and makes me wonder what the hell they are watching. For example, the puck was deep in the Carolina end. Bob Cole says

".........and no one is in to forecheck for the Oilers." JUST AS ethan moreau is nailing Brett Hedican behind the goal line and picking up the loose puck. That shite is totally unforgivable and happens with far too much frequency. Its as if CBC exec's think their audience is too stupid to not notice.

I dont know, maybe they are right.

I love how the BBC reports the time of the goals as if the game were a soccer match:

Carolina took a 2-0 lead in Raleigh with powerplay goals from Aaron Ward (1:26) and Frantisek Kaberle (24:18).

But the Oilers fought back to score through Fernando Pisano in the 42nd minute to keep their hopes alive.

But a Justin Williams empty-net strike on 59 minutes sealed victory for the Hurricanes in front of their own fans.

Stanley Cup glory for Hurricanes