Jambands.ca

David Blaine- Drowned Alive

gentlemonkey

David Blaine began his week underwater yesterday, in a water-filled sphere in midtown Manhattan.

DB_Glass_Big.jpg

There is a live special Monday, 8pm on ABC, where he will attempt hold his breath beyond 8 minutres, 58 seconds (which is the world record).. while escaping heavy chains and shackles..

I love his specials.. this one seems EXTREME!

e050126A.jpg

Check his blog here for updates:

BLOG/REPORTS

Monday May 1st, 11 am (two hours before David would enter the tank) Just two hours before David would enter the tank, all was going smoothly until David's crew smelled a faint trace of smoke. Then they noticed that the metal in a certain section of the tank's platform was warped. Tom Bramlett, who designed the tank, guessed correctly what was going on. He placed a box of kitchen matches over the warped metal and it caught on fire. The "human aquarium" created for David was also a highly-functional water-sphere lens, much to everyone's surprise. Tom's crew coated the bottom of the sphere with reflective material to disable the sphere's ability to focus light. The same principle which allowed the sphere to burn the box of matches allows those with enough patience and skill to light fires on sunny days using a magnifying glass. David's sphere simply became a huge magnifying glass in the middle of the Plaza.

He's probably safer this time around from people pelting him with beer cans.

I think you're confusing him with 'Mind Freak' Criss Angel..

nope' date=' Dave's got the right dude:

David Blaine suspended in front of City Hall, London (3 October 2003)

'On September 5, 2003 in London, he commenced a 44-day feat in which he remained sealed inside a transparent case suspended 30 feet in the air on the south bank of the River Thames close to Tower Bridge. During this period he received no food (there was however much speculation that he received glucose supplements, though medical tests offered by the stunt organisers disproved this). One tube carried water and electricity, while another carried away his urine.

The stunt was the subject of much press and media attention. However the focus has not so much been Blaine's level of endurance, or on whether the stunt was indeed what it appeared to be, but the antics of the crowds of people who went to Tower Bridge to observe him. Whilst the vast majority of the visitors were generally supportive, seeking little more than a wave from the magician, a substantial minority were more mischievous or outright hostile to Blaine's presence. Newspapers reported that eggs, lemons, sausages, bacon, water bottles, beer cans, paint-filled balloons and golf balls had all been thrown at the box.

I also heard at the time that folks set up BBQs beneath him, grilling up T-bone steaks and such. I guess if you're gonna put yourself 'ou there', you gotta expect some folks not to get it. Note that I include myself in this "I don't get it" camp!!!!