Jambands.ca

WEEN - Buffalo Show added

MamaPink

WEEN KICKED ASS LAST NIGHT!!!

WOW! what a hot show... both the tunes, and the climate. musta been over 40 degrees in the town ballroom. either way, that is a great place to see a show. kind of a semi-circle shape with tiered standing areas aound the perimeter... good sight lines everywhere. towards the back, where a few tapers/videotapers were, the sound was a little muddy. it will be interesting to see how the recordings come out.

the setlist starts like this:

pork roll, egg & cheese

the HIV song

...about 72 other songs...

encore included what deaner was talking about

sorry for the lack of setlist details!

Fuck yeah! Awesome AWESOME show last night! Hot, sweaty and solid! I think I lost about 10 pounds just sweating... but I made up for it in beer.

The guys came out smiling (and hobbling) - Gener sported a nice green cast on his ankle and Deaner brought more attention to it by imitating his limp.

The setlist was a bit standard, but they did pull out a few surprises.

Highlights....

Gener's Syd Barrett tribute, Dark Globe, sung alone while he read the lyrics off a sheet of paper taped to a stool.

Ocean Man was the shortest version ever... but Gener must have thought so too since he carried on for quite awhile after the other guys stopped playing.

The Stallion Pt. 3 - Fuck I love that song.

Even If You Don't (with a little Glen solo at the beginning)

Captain - I usually don't like to hear this live but it was a good break for everyone to stand still and cool down a little. I think I'm partially deaf now though - loudest song of the night.

Can't Put My Finger On It - I was pissed that I missed the beginning of this song but I enjoyed the last bit - one of my favourite songs to hear live.

Loved how that girl danced the entire time she was being carried off the stage.

Hands down, the BEST venue I have ever seen them play. All kinds of different levels to stand on so I could always see them perfectly and never had trouble finding room to dance.

The crowd was great – met lots of fun people and laughed my ass off as I watched everyone surf on the sweaty floors.

Great to run into the lovely Groove Fetish! And nice to meet Joel!

Porkroll Egg & Cheese

The Hiv Song

Spinal Meningitis

Now I'm Freaking Out

Happy Colored Marbles

Bananas and Blow

Take Me Away

Freedom Of 76

Transdermal Celebration

Even If You Don't

Syd Barrett Tune (Gener Acoustic)

Zoloft

Voodoo Lady

The Stallion Part 3

Light Me Up

Buckingham green

Mutilated Lips

Leave Deaner Alone

Johnny On The Spot

Spanish Castle Magic Jam

Touch My Tooter

Stroker Ace

Captain

Ocean Man

Mr. Richard Smoker

Pandy Fackler

I Can't Put My Finger On It

Encore:

Did You See Me

What Deaner Was Talking About

Someday

ween1.893.jpg

Edited by Guest

ahhhhhhh! thanks for uploading them, tash! fricken awesome!

and thank you SO much misspink for the copy of the show, i've already listened to it like 6 times.

BY FAR ONE OF MY FAVOURITE WEEN SHOWS EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!! that was lucky number 7 for me and it's tied for first place with the first time (rochester aug.03).

dirty upstate ny is now officially my favourite place to see ween.

i freaking LOVED that show, i didn't even go for one smoke, bathroom or bar break during the entire thing. (although thanks to instagator for bringing me beers here & there on the dancefloor)

thanks to tash for instigating the mission to the within-spitting-sweating-whisper-distance stage front. best bow ever. :D

mondo high fives to qqc & fairy sari for being awesome enough to show up. ha!

and last but certainly not least, giant thanks to pinkstagator for taking care of all the details (lodging, transportation, border suaveness), it was a most excellent journey all around.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!

day after lament...

okay, i decided to take a listen to the rochester show mentioned previously, since it's been a might long time since i last heard it. i now must take back what i said. rochester reigns as number one... due mainly to the sheer number of gems in the setlist that aren't played very often. this buffalo show however, is a very close second. :) viva los boognish!