Jambands.ca

Operation Assface

Freeker

just a quick update on operation assface. the year and a half long project to gather all known phish recordings onto hard drive is approaching a milestone!

recieved word that we only have a few years in the 80's before all is said and done. 90-04, done. 83-87, done.

in the coming months i will be gathering the drives, posting the database, and submitting the tracks to gracenote along with adding ticket stubs to as many shows as i can find. i imagine we will be able to start distribution come early september. submissions for missing shows or improvements to existing ones will be accepted soon, but we first need to get the database up with the shows and their respective sources before we take submissions.

again, this is not a business and we are in compliance with phish's live music trading policy. these will be drives traded person to person, just 300 shows at a time instead of 3 or 4.

the shows are mostly dankseed, all open sourced, flac, tagged, verified, and otherwise ready to rock. there will also be an mp3 version that we hopefully can fit on one or two drives!

game on.

jay