Jambands.ca

Umphreys on Kimmel ce soir!

gentlemonkey

I like this song better than most live Umphs I've heard. Am I a bastard?

Yes you are. a beautiful bastard.

I guess it's a fine song, I just find it VERY reminicent of a Little Feat tune, and some of the lyrics make me feel like I'm shopping for funky clothes at K-Mart.

I also prefer the Brendan tunes.

But each to their own, eh!?! you delicious hair covered slab of man-pie.

Aw, I just felt like you were devaluating my opinion because I didn't appreciate the poppiness of it all. I like pop music, I really do. I just think that's the one of the most unrepresentative Umphrey's song in their cannon and the performance felt more like a Lewis showcase. And I'm a crank.

fair enough. I'm a crank too. I wasn't accusing you or anyone of not digging pop music, I just instinctively knew this song would be to an Umph's fan what Heavy Things or The Connection was to a Phish fan, and you put it best: unrepresentative.

I tried sampling a couple UM shows from the archive. Wasn't for me. Don't want to put them down or devalue someone else's take on them, they just didn't grab me at all. Talented as all hell though. I wish them much success, they're workin' it, doin' it.

Anyway WMVY, an FM station from Massachusettes I listen to every day, started playing that tune a month or so ago. I loved it upon first listen. Only later did I find out who it was.

Sounds like a windows-open, crusin- down the highway Summertime song to me. Feels good.

Anyway, I didn't see the performance with Huey Lewis.