Jambands.ca

John Prine at Massey Hall!!!!

Basher

This email made me VERY happy.

DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!

JOHN PRINE

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 8:00 p.m.

Massey Hall

$56.50 - $39.50

House of Blues Concerts presents

John Prine is an acclaimed singer/songwriter whose literate work has flirted with everything from acoustic folk to rockabilly to straight-ahead country. After a serious bout with throat cancer Prine returned to music in 2005 with Fair and Square, his first all-new album in over 7 years. The album garnered the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album .

ON SALE

TO FRIENDSFIRST: 10:00 a.m., Fri June 9, 2006

TO PUBLIC: 10:00 a.m., Mon June 12, 2006

Please Note: This performance is not available for sale on-line during the FriendsFirst priority. A ticket limit for this show may apply.

Here's the Canadian dates:

9/8/06 Halifax, Nova Scotia Rebecca Cohn Auditorium Hall

9/9/06 Halifax, Nova Scotia Rebecca Cohn Auditorium Hall

9/12/06 Ottawa, Ontario National Arts Centre Southam Hall

9/16/06 Toronto, Ontario Massey Hall

9/17/06 London, Ontario Centennial Hall

9/19/06 Thunder Bay, Ontario Community Auditorium

9/21/06 Winnipeg, Manitoba Pantages Playhouse Theatre

9/23/06 Calgary, Alberta Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorioum

9/24/06 Edmonton, Alberta Francis Winspear Centre

I'm all over that Ottawa show.

we may try to make it as well....

ryan, you guys covered a Prine tune at the Jambands fundraiser...somethign off his last album...what was it again?

anyway, DD did a great job with it!!!

Basher...your recommendation here for that last CD release inspired my purchase of it...I think you quoted the "Some humans ain't human" lyrics in your post.

so....I kow it's early to ask..but who's gonna host the pre-party/Dr_Evil_Mouse's BD celebrations on that day????? SP...looking in the direction of your backyard!

we may try to make it as well....

ryan, you guys covered a Prine tune at the Jambands fundraiser...somethign off his last album...what was it again?

anyway, DD did a great job with it!!!

Basher...your recommendation here for that last CD release inspired my purchase of it...I think you quoted the "Some humans ain't human" lyrics in your post.

so....I kow it's early to ask..but who's gonna host the pre-party/Dr_Evil_Mouse's BD celebrations on that day????? SP...looking in the direction of your backyard!

well I dunno who SP is but I gots a big new house and a big new deck perfect for pre/post/b-day celebrations!!!!!!!

yep!

Sorry folks, the offer below is closed. I will let people who responded know on Friday if I was able to get them tickets or not.

If enough people are interested, I may grab 4 tickets (I need 2) using my membership tomorrow morning. I have already extended an offer to cowboy to take a ticket, and he is thinking about it.

I typically end up in the front row either dead centre or a few seats off when I buy tickets with my account. Only caveat is that payment would be due by next Friday. PM me if interested.

Edited by Guest

you know how many years ive wanted to see prine? only to have my hopes dashed every damn time.

that massey hall show, the closest to us here, is on the same day as our wedding, fucking hell\

have fun everyone that goes, johns the fuckin MAN