8:59PM

1. Sand

2. Driftin'

3. Trouble

4. Sleep

5. Something for Rockets

6. Goodbye Head

7. Plasma

8. Waste (Trey on acoustic guitar, Mike on banjo)

9. Floating (same as above)

10. On the Road Again (same as above)

11. Mexican Cousin (same as above)

12. Suskind Hotel (the Duo back)

13. Who Are You

Encore:

14. These Eyes

15. Dragonfly

16. Tuesday

End 11:17PM (2 hour 18 minutes)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a kickass show..

Sand opener.. fackin fuhgetaboudit

good to put some faces to the annonymos names on here.

large marge.. hope the spearmint lived up to the hype..

bouche.. id like to see some of your other shots and know what you shoot with..

i had my p&s and got some decent shots..

but buddy... that trey shoy alone is better then everything i got last night..

Edited by Guest

I am so glad this show kicked ass. It was very refreshing to see Trey and co. going for the gold witht hier jams and really pushing it. Seemed like they were all pretty pumped.

The funniest thing was when the dedicated "These Eyes" Trey said "This is a cong from a great band from a great town (meaning Toronto). Dude! The Guess Who are from Winnipeg! hahahahaaa...we'll he's doing better than most Americans at geography. Even funnier was the fact that no one seemed to know how to end "These Eyes". A the end the song modulates then goes back down and repeats. They must have done that like 5 times. At the end Trey was straining. So funny.

All and all really top notch jams and a great show.

One question though: If you quit Phish then why assemble a quartet that is basically mining the same musical territory as Phish?

Not hatin' though, and miles beyond thier Bonnaroo performance. :)

Edited by Guest

The funniest thing was when the dedicated "These Eyes" Trey said "This is a cong from a great band from a great town (meaning Toronto). Dude! The Guess Who are from Winnipeg! hahahahaaa...we'll he's doing better than most Americans at geography.

were you sitting behind Fluffhead77 (brian)?

The funniest thing was when the dedicated "These Eyes" Trey said "This is a cong from a great band from a great town (meaning Toronto). Dude! The Guess Who are from Winnipeg! hahahahaaa...we'll he's doing better than most Americans at geography.

were you sitting behind Fluffhead77 (brian), and did you you yell out and correct him?

happy tiiiiiiiiime!

I had a blast at the show!

the acoustic bidnez was pure gold....Defintely the best show I've seen of them so far this summer.

Thanks to Cully and Co. for hosting the after party (I'm fackin' dead to the world at work right now!!!!)

It was a pleasure also to put so many faces to names and get reaquainted with some folk as well ...ScottieKing, Phorbsie, Guigsy, tigger, Cully, Large Marge annnnnd the list goes on.

I EVEN enjoyed seeing some ottawa people for once, although that feeling tends to wear off quickly, I find.

All in all a grand evening out!

London crew represented last night...thanks for the Wilco lesson Guigs and I hope you and Mr. King have a fackin' blast out in Chi Town

Guest Low Roller
They teased Fluff's Travels during the Goodbye Head jam.

They also teased all of the people that weren't on the guestlist for the wicked private party.

were you sitting behind Fluffhead77 (brian)?

Wasn't sitting behind him but very near him, and we chatted it up a bit. Really nice to meet some folks fromt he board. :)

Now that is the MUSIC I have been craving since phish died...that was fucking incredible!

they were on fire !!!

Thanks for the great pre show party Cully !

and also got to put more faces to names on here...great meeting you all :)

great show...

i wasn't planning on going and then figured i could score cheap tickets from scalpers...

well..... me and my friend got 3 5th row orchastra for 30 bucks....10 bucks a tickeT! holy shit...

i can't believe i pay more for movies.

good hsow, but nothing too crazy imo....and trey's songs suck.

highlight jam was the one song mike sang.

Timmyb and I had a great chat after the show. He mentioned this point, but I had to point out that when american's mention a vincinity in Canada, they are usually mentioning Canada as a whole. We don't have states, and I think the US focuses on states when being proud of something.

Even funnier was the fact that no one seemed to know how to end "These Eyes". A the end the song modulates then goes back down and repeats. They must have done that like 5 times. At the end Trey was straining. So funny.

TimmyB mentioned and I agreeed that MarcO and the band were fucking with Trey and continually making him go higher and higher until he couldn't any longer. That was pure gold. Looks on their faces...especially Marco's told the story. I thought that they did a fantastic job on this one-off.

Damn, last night was all solid gold.

bouche.. id like to see some of your other shots and know what you shoot with..

i had my p&s and got some decent shots..

but buddy... that trey shoy alone is better then everything i got last night..

I have a Nikon D70 and used a 70-300 zoom lens for most of that. I had to wait for lights to kick up and of course trey to kick out a face. I realized last night that I NEED one of them super-fast 70-300's with built in stabilizers. Expensive, but I think worth it if I can find shows like this to shoot photos at.

Had a great time at the show!

Fantastic music !!!

Sand and Waste were two of my personal highlights.

I won't try to compare these shows to previous Phish or TAB or Gordon/Russo/Benevento shows. It is a bit different. I've listened to a lot of Duo stuff, so I'm always digging their contributions to GRAB as well as Trey and Gordo's.

Most of the positive things I can say have already been said. Kuroda did a great job with the lights with a minimal rig (minimal compared to what he had built up for Phish).

I think sometimes Trey was too loud in the mix, and sometimes the jams went on a bit too long, and didn't really have much forward motion or dynamics. But those are really minor points.

Looking forward to giving it a few more listens.

Edited by Guest

I was sooo impressed by the lights and was wondering if it was karoda...what a show all around!

i saw him walk infront of us just before GRAB hit the stage..

only ever seen him once be for.. that was just be for the tower set started at IT..

i really wanna thank that guy for adding that 3rd dimension to phish shows.