Jambands.ca

Superman Returns....

gentlemonkey

intro is a must see in the theatre. fuck. I can't believe how much fun I had watching the intro.

Brandon Routh actually sounded hauntingly like Christopher Reeve playing Superman. It is almost like he worked on an impersonation. Superman was definately worth seeing in the theatre. It's my 2nd theatre movie of the year....it would have been my first if I wasn't so set on seeing the Da Vinci Code.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luther is the greatest villain I can remember since Darth Vader.

I thought "Superman Returns" was a total letdown. I mean, the special effects were superb and the dude who played Superman was perfectly cast, but I thought the movie *really* dragged, and the "suprises" were far too obvious. And Kevin Spacey ain't got nuthin' on Gene Hackman as far as Lex Luthor is concerned.

And Kevin Spacey ain't got nuthin' on Gene Hackman as far as Lex Luthor is concerned.

Did you miss the wig?

I loved the harder/edgier Lex Luther, and the fact he didnt use idiots as his henchmen. Gene was perfectly cast years ago but it was time to do something with that character.

Waiting since the early 90's for this movie, I can easily say it was worth it. Man, I want to watch that space shuttle scene again!

I loved it. Best Superman movie by far, and if I thought it through would probably land in my top 5 comic book adapted movies.

The avoidance of a fast-paced high-action child's film really sat well with me. The dark, world war II vibe was also perfect, harking back to an 'Action Comics' type feel.

I hope a follow-up film occurs with Lex, but also some other super villains. Perhaps Brainiac or Solomon Grundy as far as 'humanoid' villains go. And if they can figure out how to not make them look cheesy, perhaps some alien villains such as Doomsday or Darkseid.

I thought "Superman Returns" was a total letdown. I mean, the special effects were superb and the dude who played Superman was perfectly cast, but I thought the movie *really* dragged, and the "suprises" were far too obvious. And Kevin Spacey ain't got nuthin' on Gene Hackman as far as Lex Luthor is concerned.

have a caesar and cheer up. ;)

I also thought that Parker Posey's character was well done. Ditsy, but smart. Does that make sense?

Did you notice that one of the Henchmen was Kumar from Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle? heheh. for some reason, I found that stupid movie quite funny.