Jambands.ca

Need housing help for a single mom, in T.O.

The Chameleon

[color: dark gray]Hi Skanks,

I need your help. I have a good friend of mine who is a single mother of two, and on a fixed income (for the moment) and is desperately trying to move out of a neagtive enviroment in Kitchener to a progressive Toronto local for the fall.

As rental prices in Toronto are very expnsive, she is finding it tough to locate an ideal space.

I have signed on to help her locate an apartment as I live in T.O.

So...do y'all know of any shared house scenarios for a single mom, to live with another family in a big house? I have heard of this but do not know where to look, as I am a single, no kid, jam-band acid taking freak.

She is looking for a shared house scenario with another family, or a two bedroom local in the Riverdale, Danforth Broadview or High park area. (just not in the crazy core for the kids sake, they are young.)

any advice of places for rent or resources to find such places is helpful.

Again money is and issue, so a 2 bedroom for $1500 is not happening for her.

Any suggestions or ideas please post or PM me.

Many thanks....

P.S. She is a real cool early 30's hippy mom, so she is easy to cohabitate with in the right family enviroment.

There are a number of good co-op housing spaces in Toronto (though there are also a lot of crappy ones) that are reasonably priced. The application process can take up to two months though and then you're on a waiting list until something opens up. The Bain is a really nice one and if she's a hippy mom I'm sure she'd love the space.

Just north of Danforth and Broadview are a series of affordable apartments. Drive over there and check them out. Also, I live in an excellent apartment building on Broadview just south of Danforth. The apartments are really quite big, so a one bedroom may suit her needs both for the baby and financially. http://www.rentersnews.ca/modules/powerpages/powerpages.asp?CP=1&PID=241&SID=2