Jambands.ca

Elbeejay w/ Acres @ Cafe Dekcuf, Sat. Aug 19th

gentlemonkey

This Saturday night!

Elbeejay @ 11:45

Acres @ 10:15

5.00 cover

Elbeejay will be debuting some new material, as well as unearthing a couple of your Pleather faves. I anticipate a raucously, boisterous evening.

Acres will open the show and tickle your fancy with their delicious smarm. myspace.com/acresband

Come and party with us!

You might make it on time bradm, there will be a shuttle running from Zaphod's to Dekcuf after Lure's set. It will be a space shuttle, launching every 30 seconds from the roof. Unfortunately, it will be accesible only through the 'staff' door, behind the bar, upstairs at BareFax.

Watch out for Rocco he's pretty aggresive... and Manon, she's got rabies, and she is a biter.

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on the shuttle and rely on surface transport. With the recently increased levels of security on sub-orbital intra-city/inter-venue shuttle flights, I'd have to check all of my taping gear, and I swore on a stack of Edirol UA-5 manuals that I'd never deal with the baggage carousels at the spaceport on top of Dekcuf again.

Aloha,

Brad

That was a great show by Elbeejay. The songs were written to be harder than they had to be, but still made sense. They did some Pleather tunes (including "Circus Boy"), and even a nero tune: "Parking Jorus". The "Sasketchewan" closer was a great way to end the show, too.

Aloha,

Brad

Elbeejay?

Pleather?

whos in this band? Brendan? Larry? Julie?

anyone know? i was friends with the kids in aslan, who then became pleather, and, IIRC, i was at their home when they wrote circus boy.

thanks for the flashback, info on these kids would be cool.

wow- thats wacky! Yep- same Brendan and Larry!

Small world!

We have an email account set up- elbeejay@gmail.com if you feel like touching base with them Mr.S..

brad- glad you enjoyed- I dont really get what you mean by "songs were harder than they needed to be"? Was this assumed because of the sweaty grimace on my face? I think the songs are written to be interesting. Ideally.

brad- glad you enjoyed- I dont really get what you mean by "songs were harder than they needed to be"? Was this assumed because of the sweaty grimace on my face? I think the songs are written to be interesting. Ideally.

First off, I meant it as a compliment, and agree with you about them being interesting.

By "harder than they needed to be", I meant that it would have been possible to write those songs (or songs with substantially the same subject/theme) such that they used common arrangements and changes, and they would have been enjoyable, if a little "standard". The songs were written, though, to throw curveballs at you, relative to what you expected: there were chord changes where I didn't expect them, structural elements (e.g., lines in verses) that surprised me, and so on, but once I got on board with how a particular song was arranged, that song made sense to me; it all added up to a really enjoyable listening experience for me.

Aloha,

Brad

Music from ElbeeJay was good...very interesting and some nice pockets of groove.

I found the lack of smiles on the stage to be a little nerve making. I think that a lot of the material was pretty fresh and once the boys get a couple more gigs under their belts they will be a little looser.

All in all I am quite glad I was there. I was talking to Pablo as ElbeeJay busted into a Nero tune, he was quite surprised and happy. Neat moment.

Deeps