Jambands.ca

Come together schedule

tigger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One CTMF would probably be sufficient for the year. The quality lags after that.

I think it's a rock and hard place situation actually. Mark's hands are tied because there's really no good place to hold the festival. Frontier Town is really cool and the Saloon rules but the noise restrictions now in effect mean the festival has to be small and in a tent. This affects the type of bands that Mark can book. This in turn affects the 'quality' of the festival. If we had a large, private, outdoor, close in proximity, location at which we could party all day and night with amplified music, it would be perfect. Unfortunately, I don't think such a place exists.

Honestly though, CTMF is about partying with my friends. The music is a bonus. I look at it as a cool campground I can be silly in with a bunch of people I like to party with. If I want a big music festival I'll go to the U.S. and deal with the associated hassles there.

I was Thinking about that about 2 hours ago willy. Do ya think that they will have to set the Darn thing up. Or is it still set up? I thnk if that since there daytime bands there won't be too much of a noise problem. I think it would be Hotter then Hell under that tent on a warm labour day weekend. I wonder if there are Vents in the Thing. Hhhhmmmm..

Should really have an out door acoustic stage that is nice to sit in the grass on a blanket with a Few Bottles of vino. Mabe make a dandilion crown or Two.

Never the less i just can't wait to get back to ma Home Town~!

I was Thinking about that about 2 hours ago willy. Do ya think that they will have to set the Darn thing up. Or is it still set up? I thnk if that since there daytime bands there won't be too much of a noise problem. I think it would be Hotter then Hell under that tent on a warm labour day weekend. I wonder if there are Vents in the Thing. Hhhhmmmm..

My understanding, from Rick (the owner of Frontier Town), is that "there will never be a CTMF without that tent again." I agree with you; I think it's going to be less than appealing to spend time inside that tent if the weather is nice.

Should really have an out door acoustic stage that is nice to sit in the grass on a blanket with a Few Bottles of vino. Mabe make a dandilion crown or Two.

I totally agree with you. The first acoustic stage at Izzy's in that beautiful grove was one of the best times I've ever had at a CTMF. I just can't see how that would make enough noise to bother any neighbour.

Never the less i just can't wait to get back to ma Home Town~!

I have to admit; I totally agree here too!

Will there be tickets at the gate? I hate to jump on the Bitch Train but… oh who am I kidding, I’m usually the one driving it, haha. Seriously though, I know I shouldn’t be surprised that CTMF is so last minute, but this is really cutting it close. I'd hate to make plans to go and then find out we can't get tickets at the gate and end up doing nothing. We're starting to think we should make other plans here.

I've still waiting to hear from Mark Wilson re: the schedule and gate prices. I'm sure that you'll be able to show up and pay to get in, I'm just not sure how much it will be at the gate for 3 day, 2 day, or 1 day passes.

My apologies to those of you who are trying to make plans for the weekend, but I'm in the same boat. I've been "bugging" Mark Wilson for the info and am hoping he will let us know asap what is happening ... hopefully today!

Peace, Mark

Here are the ticket prices from Mark W. The band schedule will follow later on today. They are really trying to sell advance tickets, which is why the premium price for paying at the gate.

Peace, Mark

"65 in advance

80 at gate friday with no ticket

65 for two nights with no ticket

40 dollars for a single day

all of these include camping"