Jambands.ca

Come together schedule

tigger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got off the phone with Wilson -

d dog is electric in the saloon on friday night.

and accoustic on the main stage on saturday...

Sweet news! Initially I was thinking about holding off on Saturday before making the journey to Frontier Town (lots of school prep and family stuff to do), but now I'm stoked not to miss a double dose of Diesel Dog.

Peace, Mark

Eccodek on Friday night also looks very interesting ... the song that loads up when visiting the web site is very cool, and Andrew McPherson (the guy behind Eccodek) has an impressive bunch of credentials. I've heard about these guys a few times on CBC radio. OK, I think I've successfully talked myself into Friday night at Frontier Town!

Peace, Mark

no offense, but that has got to be the worst line up for a come together i have seen yet!!! there is no real headliners, or no one even interesting.

Paying $65 to see a bunch of average local bands? I know i always rag on the fest and still go but this time I'm really going to have to think about it. there is not one band I'm overly interested in seeing

what's going on friday after 11? if i drive all the way up there and then there is nothing i'll be kinda bummed. and what up with the late night saloon act on saturday? was there really no one better. I mean steve and crew can rock, but really!

very disappointed!!!!

Edited by Guest

[color:olive]

highertitlenew.jpg

[color:maroon]

is very pleased to be a part of this years Come Together Fest.

We will be appearing from 5:30-7:30 on the main stage Sunday.

We will be doing a special full frontal/balls out trio performace, that will surely melt your mind!

Can't wait!! :):):)

josh.jpgsnappy.jpgTy.jpg

-----------------------

[color:olive]Also if anyone has any special song request. We may entertain doing one of them.

Anyone with a song request, please PM me, and I'll see what I can whip up, fo' ya!

Holla!

948027174_l.jpg1055744922_l.jpg

Edited by Guest

You successfully talking yourself into it is twisting my arm in that direction too...

I may be looking to carpool perhaps?

Ah, gotta love those rubber arms! Not sure about carpooling on this end; I'll likely have to fly solo for a couple of reasons. But I'd love to see your smiling face in the saloon while dancing to Diesel Dog. :) :)

what's going on friday after 11? if i drive all the way up there and then there is nothing i'll be kinda bummed.

Diesel Dog in the saloon on Friday after 11.

I like to think of it as a End of The Summer Family Gathering.

Well said!

Peace, Mark

i see 5 ands that actually deserve to be playing at a festival. the rest of then should just stay in the garage / crappy bars they come from.

i don't understand how in all the history of the fest they can't do any better. look how far evolve has come, and I'm pretty sure ctmf has been around longer

hey chameleon' date=' does a ball out performance mean youll be naked? I sure hope not...I mean I like ya...but not in that way

:P[/quote']

i disagree wholeheartedly!!!!!

besides, then we'll know if it's cold and should go get sweaters on.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

you don't post 'round these parts nearly enough anymore!

Balls out means we will be playing on the more agressive jazz fusion tip as oppose to our more ambient stylings.

As for exposed testicles my own are far to tender to be exposed to the general public. I reserve that for special private viewings.

However we have signed on this guy as our mascot for the event.

If ya got 'em whip 'em out!

funpix_big_balls.jpg

Edited by Guest

Thing is that Its not Evolve. ITsz Frontier Ghost Town! And not some festival with a yahoo factor of 10 ...its a festival to celebrate OUr nice tight family of friends and family thats Has evolved into a nice tight family of friends and family..You know this Jared. Im sure if they wanted to make a festival as big and Informative as Evolve we could. I remebemr when all the evolve kids came down to ctgf to hand out hand bills. That was a Great weekend they had soo much energy. I just think That CTGF is a Great Plavce for us all to be Happy we have good music to listen too Live, At a Cool place. Just be glad we don't live in manitoba or Saskatchawan. Man there must be so many lonly kids out there just wishing that they could be a part of CTGF. Could you just imagine. being like 19 and not having a clue about the festival. especially at a Cool Place like CTGF. OK.... Tell ME Who would Make your Maracas shake...Honestly... Give me like 3 examples... ya know like Who would You like to Head line this weekend..

just for sakes of Roller Skates and Lollie PopS

hehheheheheh

i see 5 ands that actually deserve to be playing at a festival. the rest of then should just stay in the garage / crappy bars they come from.

i don't understand how in all the history of the fest they can't do any better. look how far evolve has come, and I'm pretty sure ctmf has been around longer

I hate to be a negative nancy but isn't anyone getting sick of seeing the same damn lineup every year? Am I getting old or is this what festivals have come to? Booking the same acts every time and raising the cost! It's nice to see a band like Passenger, artists like Shannon Lyon, Doug Fever on the bill but this still doesn't count as diversity in my eyes. I love this festival because of the people that attend it. I'm ashamed that this festival never grew to it's potential. What these people call "grassroots" I call "lazy booking". Yeah, I love the Fat Cats. Hell, I love a lot of bands on this bill. The problem is that I've seen these bands at CTMF for the last five years and there is no growth.

As much as I don't want to agree with Jared, he's right. Look at a fest like Evolve. It's grown and taken chances and become something BIG, something great. CTMF COULD have offered us that but decided to play it safe. Who the fuck at that festival is "playing it safe"?!?!!? The promoters who say "well... it would be cool to have Dickey Betts play but I don't feel comfortable paying the money for it. Don't try and fool yourselves, this festival is or was big enough to host BIG acts. I truely hope that one day CTMF will reach it's full potential as opposed to taking the "safe route" and booking everything we've seen before, nothing new or different. Going to this fest has become like listening to FM radio to me.

So beat that dead horse, watch people get fucked up to the Fat Cats for a price you could go out and support something that could change the continental drift in your soul five times over.

I don't mean to insult anyone by posting this shit. I love all of you and wish nothing but the best for the future of not only the festival but all of it's patrons as well. If you're planing on attending for the first time, I'll give you some words of advice. Don't waste your time. Don't get sucked up into having the attitude that getting fucked up is more important then catching a set or hanging out with your friends and family. The times I've spent at CTMF has been priceless. I would never give up those memories. At the same time I know I could've had a lot more memories had I not been in the state I was in.

HAVE FUN AND TAKE CARE, TO EVERYONE ATTENDING LABOUR DAY WEEKEND.

XOXOXO NewRider

cw63400.jpg

I know my band is just one little part of CTMF, but this is only the second time we've ever played and we will certainly be doing our part to make it Fresh, Clean, different and shake things up.

One thing to remember is that what the director of the festival wants and envisions is not nessesarily what the audience envisions.

It is my understanding that Mark Wilson is very happy with the small scale of the festival and is not intersted in making it bigger and booking large American headliners or otherwise. I suspect his business model is simply to keep the festival at the size and developmnent it is at currently.

In terms of new talent I beleive his interest is to bring young local bands (like us and What the Thunder Said, & Vanderpark etc..) into the fold to keep things different. That seems to be his want and vision. I really don't think he has any interest in making it a festival on the scale of Evolve, for reasons of logistics, cash investment and time investment.

My 2 cents.

And hey if you want the bigger more high profile festivals therte are dozens to choose from in the North Eastern US and beyond, it's not like there is no other option if that is what you want.

See you there. Mad love. :)

Edited by Guest