Jambands.ca

Come together schedule

tigger

i see 5 ands that actually deserve to be playing at a festival. the rest of then should just stay in the garage / crappy bars they come from.

i don't understand how in all the history of the fest they can't do any better. look how far evolve has come' date=' and I'm pretty sure ctmf has been around longer[/quote']

your a jackass. look how evolve has come!!!! they lost money every year including a $50,000 + lost this year, witch could put a end to any festival.

shoreline lost $60,000+ this year. going big in canada is a mistake.

if you ask me Mark's got a good thing, that will out last the fans.

at least evolve makes the effort to grow each year, and bring in names that people really want too see. from what i hear about shoreline, the whoe thing was a bust, and had nothing to do with the bands or prople attending, or weather.

all i was saying is its a bit dissipointing when your so excited for a fest and then its the exact same bands that play there every year. I can respect trying to keep the fest small, but it gets old is all.

and like i said i'll still probably go, but it wont be for the music

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I agree with all kinds of things being said here. It's hard to love something and not be hurt by it. This is a fantastic festival that we've all loved for a long time. Mark is doing an excellent job. There are all kinds of factors behind the scenes that affect this festival. This is OUR festival. That's right: OUR festival! None of the others are even close. These bands are my friends and they are excellent musicians and I love seeing them time and time again. People follow around all kinds of different bands and watch them again and again. Why not these bands? Could it be more organized? Of course. Could there be big bands that would grow the festival and inadvertantly create some of the problems that I experience at EVERY larger festival I go to? That's a fuckin' rhetorical question. CTMF rules! Not interested? Don't go.

Here's what I'm offering. Come to CTMF; listen to all the great local bands tearing it up; pouring their hearts into what they do; enjoy yourself all day and night; then, after you're smiling ear to fuckin' ear, come by my campsite and if there isn't a fantastic jam happening around the fire, I'll blast all kinds of crazy fucked up shit that you may not have heard before. I'll rise to the occasion and strive to make you ask me: "What the fuck is this shit dude?"

PS: I'm drunk but I'm honest.

Love and peace to all. See you there.

Although I normally stand by the sidelines and observe the action on this wonderful board, getting the heads up on whats going on locally and enjoying the comradery fealt amongst a group of true music lovers, like myself discuss life, love, getting stoned, sharing smiles and sharing sorrow. Most of all, I love how we all apreciate and understand the euphoric inner feelings that that music can provide, no matter what the setting. That moment when a song takes you to a different level, you smile, she smiles, he smiles, words are not necessary, all is understood. I live for these moments and Come Together has taken me to these levels several times over the last 3 Labour Day get togethers I have been to. I have also been to Bonnaroo 2003-2005, Gathering of the Vibes, Woodstock 1994 (way back when:-) and have taken part with my lovely wife and son in tow both Hillside and Mariposa for 3 years running. All festivals are unique and one isn't better than another, just different. Be it the absolutely exhausting and overwhelming beauty and range of talent that Bonnaroo provides, the family friendly, ecologically aware and indie saturated Hillside, the layed back, catch a rest by the lake slow burn of Mariposa, or the friendly, back-yard, "the band is camping next door" feel that makes Come Together exactly what it is, a time for all of us to COME TOGETHER.

Opinions are necessary, criticism natural, change is real, and I am not shutting myself off to the often good and valid points that several naysayers have put forth, but I really hate the feelings of negativity and pitting of one fest vs another that has added weight to this post. Let us get on, get up, and get back to Frontier Town and make it the best Labour Day yet.

Sean

P.S. Deeps, I was on you site and got a smile out of seeing one of my Bonnaroo shirts on Fraser I kicked down in fair trade for a WTTS shirt I still where often:) Hope to see the Guelph gang again this year:-)

There's so many good reasons to go to this festival. I have memories that are irreplacable. For example, I first "dated" my fiance (wife in less than 2 weeks YAY), I also proposed to her at the CTMF. So to say that this festival is important and special to me is an understatment. I've never had so much fun as I do at the fest. I was introduced to this scence at a CTMF. The local talent that play regularily at this event is the glue that holds this baby together. I love to hear all these bands, and I will continue to go see their shows as long as they're still playing.

The folks that organize, plan and put this event on do an amazing job, to say the least. The bands that play, always bring it when they play here. The energy that us dancers give off, surely help drive them to play their best. The saloon shows that I've seen have undoubtedly been the best shows I've ever seen. That place is pure magic.

All that being said, one of the things I have always liked most about this festival is being introduced to new bands or even different types of music. Anybody remember that steel drum band a few years ago? fantastic. Who has seen Mr. Something Something for the first time at CTMF? I had never herd of Jacob Fred Jazz Oddessey before I saw them (twice in the same weekend) and now they are one of my favorite bands.

Introducing people to new and different music is, in my opinion, as much a part of the "glue" as the local talent is. Even if it's just one band. Something to really blow us away. The local talent certainly does this every time and I love the work and dedication they bring, but we also need a reason to go on to a site like archive.org to download a band you've seen for the first time at CTMF.

I love this fest and will continue to go as long as it's being held. I love everybody that attends and plays here. Sara (she finally signed up to the board, going by Caper) and I will miss you all greatly this time around. With the wedding the next weekend, it is just too hard for us to get there, so we chose to go see Ben Harper and Damian Marley this labour day to get our labour day music fix. I can't wait until the May 24 next year, I don't care if the Romper Room band is playing.

Peace All and have a blast, someone have a drink, sweet toke and a dance off for me and Sara please, we're there in spirit.

I don't mind people complaining about the festival. What gets me is people complaining about people complaining. The whole "if you don't have anything nice to say" deal isn't applicable here because a criticism does not equal an insult.

I sincerely wish everyone great success in all they do. but I also hope that no-one ever feels like they shouldn't say anything that they rationally feel about any topic they wish, be it "positive" or "negative". Discussion boards are for discussions, not for PR campaigns.

Yeah, yeah...

But you know what REALLY gets me? Is people complaining about people complaining about people complaining... (JJ)

All I can say is that one should be able to voice criticism while still maintaining a certain level of respect for whomever they are currently slagging. Following that simple code does not mean you're trying to win a popularity contest...

On the other hand, anyone is entitled to be an asshole I suppose...

That being said Rob, are you going to be able to get away to this one?

We'd love to see you there. (Although this time you should try and negotiate an overnight stay!!)

Cheers!

Be great to see you guys as well and share some west coast stories. I'm hoping for Saturday/Saturday night. I'll be flying solo, with a long drive back to the farm to get the family and then to on to k-w on Sunday. I know it'll be worth it................