Jambands.ca

EPL 2006-2007 Season

ollie

With the score 2-0 Bolton at the half, not feeling so good about picking Spurs right now but what a helluvan away jersey!

So... I thought England was soccer mad... why all the empty seats at Reebok Stadium?

Sheff/Liverpool was a fun match.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the score 2-0 Bolton at the half, not feeling so good about picking Spurs right now but what a helluvan away jersey!

So... I thought England was soccer mad... why all the empty seats at Reebok Stadium?

Sheff/Liverpool was a fun match.

Empty seats in the Reebok Stadium isnt anything new, Bolton sux balls. Don't get down on Spurs yet its only the first match of the season.

Sheffield/Liverpoo wasn't fun...it was garbage.

Arsenal in a come from behind game too. Not a very good start. Alot of pressure to perform here with a new grounds and player problems. Henry should have left when he had the chance.

Up in Scotland, Rangers pounded Hearts with 2-0 final. Rangers controlled the everything about the game, finally.

Arsenal 1 : 1 Aston Villa

Silva (83) Mellberg (52)

Everton 2 : 1 Watford

Johnson (14) Artetapen (81)

Francis (89)

Newcastle Utd 2 : 1 Wigan Athletic

Parker (37) McCulloch (58)

Ameobi (63)

Reading 3 : 2 Middlesbrough

Kitson (42) Downing (10)

Sidwell (43) Ayegbini (20)

Lita (54)

West Ham Utd 3 : 1 Charlton Athletic

Zamora (51) Cole (90)

Zamora (65) Bentpen (14)

Portsmouth 3 : 0 Blackburn Rovers

Todorov (25)

Kanu (61)

Kanu (83)

Sheffield Utd 1 : 1 Liverpool

Hulse (45) Fowlerpen (69)

Manchester United vs. Fulham

8:30 AM ET Sun., Aug. 20

Chelsea vs. Manchester City

11:00 AM ET Sun., Aug. 20

Empty seats in the Reebok Stadium isnt anything new, Bolton sux balls.

One of the commentators actually addressed this in the second half. Made excuses for the fans still on summer holiday. But then the 2nd guy moaned about it being the opening match of the EPL and that there is no excuse. So Bolton is the sports enthusiast equivalent of Ottawa. Awesome.

Spurs 2 Blades 0. Thank god.

I spent way too much time trying to find an audio feed of this game online.

And in non-league news, my Ryman Premiership League team, Margate FC, is off to a four point start after drawing East Thurrock United 1 - 1.

*This* match I could listen to live.

City v Pompey should be a good game to watch as a neutral. They are 2 evenly matched teams. Middlesborough will give Chelsea a game, doesnt mean they will win, it just means Chelsea is going to have to work for it. Middlesborough won were EUFA runners up last year and that isnt an easy tournament to even make the final in. United and Charlton is a waste of a fixture but United is missing alot of key men.

Aston Villa vs. Reading

Manchester City vs. Portsmouth

Blackburn Rovers vs. Everton

Charlton Athletic vs. Manchester United

Fulham vs. Bolton Wanderers

Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea

Final Tue., Aug. 22

Tottenham Hotspur 2 : 0 Sheffield Utd

Berbatov (6)

Jenas (16)

Watford 1 : 1 West Ham Utd

King (62) Zamora (64)

City v Pompey should be a good game to watch as a neutral.

What kind of access do y'all have to games. I get Sportsnet which is great on Saturday mornings but it's not enough. Is it worth investing in Fox Sports World (I don't have digital cable)? Can I pay to watch games online?

well oliver, I'm not at all sure how to get Fox Sports World sans digital cable, but you'd get one or two extra games on the sunday plus usually one or two games in the mid-afternoon during the week. It means that you'd have to tape them or git yer arse home really early in order to catch em (usually kickoff at 2:45).

Having TSN gets you Champions League games though, starting in Septemberish through to late May, which is the creme de la creme of European club fitba

So is it worth it getting Fox just for a couple of extra games that you're likely going to have to tape anyway? Tough call... especially considering that the Sportsnet games start at 7:30 on saturdays and the Fox games usually start @ 9;00 on sundays, it doesn't leave much time for sleeping in. The Score also often has games on sundays as well, but i haven't seen any indication that that's going to happen this year.

This is the best site to keep up-to-date on upcoming broadcasts

...and John Nic talks some sense into overexcited fans

whoops, from Thescore.ca, from Aug 16th:

Bad news I'm afraid regarding our Sunday EPL broadcasts. It was confirmed this morning that Fox are retaining their rights to the Sunday games, as is their right and perogative.

Fox have owned the North American rights to EPL for some time, last season they opted not to carry the Sunday 11am match in Canada allowing The Score to jump in and broadcast it.

We tried all we could, but clearly Fox appreciate what a valuable property it is.

Believe me, I'm as disappointed as you are, but such is the business.

However, expect us to announce some exciting news regarding LIVE footy on The Score in the not so distant future.

Football Friday returns this Friday with Budgie and PJ, we'll have Webby on Thursdays, Neil Davidson on Mondays, you'll still get your soccer fix. The difference being I'll be at home on Sunday mornings, once again able to nurse a hangover from the sanctity of my apartment.

I truly am sorry, but The Score is still committed to broadcasting the top footy from the top leagues around the world.

I was reading an article in the Globe and Mail the other day that says that Telalatino (TLN) is looking to buy the Canadian rights to Setanta. Apparantly this year Setanta have the top Saturday game and the top Sunday game each week (hence the reason I could not watch Man U last Sunday) This will increase football viewing further as they will also be showing Dutch and German games as well as Scottish Premier (ridiculous that you can't get any SPL games anymore, Fox Sportsworld Canada used to show the games later the following week but they don't show anything anymore) The new Setanta Canada channel would be another digital channel that you would have to buy and they said it is still 3 to 4 months away if it goes through, just an FYI....

as well as Scottish Premier (ridiculous that you can't get any SPL games anymore, Fox Sportsworld Canada used to show the games later the following week but they don't show anything anymore)

Thats because nobody wants to watch that shite. I mean I get up every saturday and watch Rangers online but Im former player there and die hard blue nose. Besides Rangers and Celtic scottish football is shit. Its the same in England, if you want to watch competitive fitba watch the Scottish 1st Division or the Coca-Cola Championship. Its not all about the $$ in those leagues.

Having TSN gets you Champions League games though, starting in Septemberish through to late May, which is the creme de la creme of European club fitba

Awesome. Between TSN and Sportsnet I should be good for at least another year without digital cable.

I watch games on skysport and you have to pay for access. You can also watch the game 1 hr after the match is over off the official site. Yes I played in the boys club and in the reserves. I also played for Queen's Park and I had trials at Sevilla and Feyenord. I was playing in the CPSL until last summer but the team I played on had operations suspended by the league. My player rights are being argued over right now so Im not playing.

as well as Scottish Premier (ridiculous that you can't get any SPL games anymore' date=' Fox Sportsworld Canada used to show the games later the following week but they don't show anything anymore) [/quote']

Thats because nobody wants to watch that shite. I mean I get up every saturday and watch Rangers online but Im former player there and die hard blue nose. Besides Rangers and Celtic scottish football is shit. Its the same in England, if you want to watch competitive fitba watch the Scottish 1st Division or the Coca-Cola Championship. Its not all about the $$ in those leagues.

I agree but there are still a lot of 'Gers and Hoops fans on this side of the pond is all I'm sayin...