Jambands.ca

Europe 2006-2007

M.O.B.E

So tommorow we start this all over again. Wednesday has some big fixtures. Can't wait for ManU/Celtic. That will be one of the biggest games of the whole tournament. Chelsea and Werder Bremen should be a good game too. Francesco Totti's next appearance for the Azzuri depends on his performance tommorow. To bad Roma don't have Antonio Cassano anymore, I liked that kid and he is wasted sitting on the bench at Madrid.

Matchday 1 - 12 September 2006 -

Group Home Away

A Chelsea 20:45 Bremen

A Barcelona 20:45 Levski

B Sporting 20:45 Internazionale

B Bayern 20:45 Spartak Moskva

C Galatasaray 20:45 Bordeaux

C PSV 20:45 Liverpool

D Olympiacos 20:45 Valencia

D Roma 20:45 Shakhtar

Matchday 1 - 13 September 2006

Group Home Away

E Dynamo Kyiv 20:45 Steaua

E Lyon 20:45 Real Madrid

F Man. United 20:45 Celtic

F København 20:45 Benfica

G Porto 20:45 CSKA Moskva

G Hamburg 20:45 Arsenal

H Anderlecht 20:45 Lille

H Milan 20:45 AEK

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha .. i hear ya... i'll let u off the hook for supporting man u for this one .

as for celtic, Gordan Strachan is my old coach from Coventry City, i'll support him for this one.

its going to be tough to get a result though.

oh i must add i am a Hearts supporter, we'll secondly behind Coventry City .

Edited by Guest

You played for Coventry? I trialed at Sevilla and Partick Thistle and I played for Queens Park (the scottich side) and then I signed on at Rangers only to make it as far as under 21 and reserves.

Heres the big news though...

Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes are both expected to start for Manchester United as they look to open their new Champions League campaign with a win over Celtic at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

The pair have both missed United's past three games following their pre-season dismissals in Amsterdam, but Sir Alex Ferguson intends to pitch them straight back into the fray.

Park Ji-Sung (minor knock) and Edwin van der Sar (stomach bug) both missed training on Tuesday but Ferguson expects the pair to be fit, while Cristiano Ronaldo serves a one-match ban.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has untimely concerns over three of his four defenders.

Stephen McManus (thigh) and Gary Caldwell (heel) have been carrying injuries for some time and Strachan admits those problems were aggravated during the weekend victory over Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Lee Naylor will also be taking it easy before the clash in Manchester having twisted his ankle in training on Monday.

Teams

Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Evra, Ferdinand, Brown, Rooney, Saha, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Scholes, Solskjaer, O'Shea, Richardson, Fletcher, Jones, Silvestre.

Celtic (from): Boruc, Wilson, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Lennon, Gravesen, McGeady, Zurawski, Miller, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Pearson, Riordan, Sno, Jarosik, Marshall, Cuthbert.

slipping out early for the game today, pretty stoked- filled the fridge with beer before i left for work this morning, not looking forward to tomorrow's wake-up

Please tell me you didn't waste a good drunk on that dirge.

Hey, it's cool to have all you ex-footy players around!

I'm pulling for Celtic this aft.

Hey M.O.B.E .. ya i played for cov, the youth team when i was 18. fun times that's for sure..

after staying there for awhile, i ended up at nuneatonbourgh f.c.

........and a few years later i finished off with stratford upon avon f.c (startford town)

but wow it sounds like you had a quality time with those clubs.. shit we'll have to hook up and talk about some fine footie moments .

to be honest ya my uncle stuart is a banker in Edinburgh and got me trails with hearts, hibs, rangers but things worked out for me at Coventry, but to get to the point, we almost managed to meet years ago..ha... makes for a small world !

"Go on Celtic ......

......and Davey Boy is a Wanker, you better get your team to pull up their nickers.. 3-0 ouch .

edit : the coach at the time i was at cov was Big Ron Akinson .. that fat bastard.. gordan came just after, player coach... as u can prolly remember him playing for leeds to eh.. plus an ex man u player..

Edited by Guest

to be honest ya my uncle stuart is a banker in Edinburgh and got me trails with hearts, hibs, rangers but things worked out for me at Coventry, but to get to the point, we almost managed to meet years ago..ha... makes for a small world !

I got hooked up the same way. My unlce Gordon Smith played for Leeds and was the manager at Queens Park. Queenies have an agreement with Partick Thistle and Clyde FC to develop young players. My other uncle the late Jimmy Baxter also had a big part in getting me over there. After my time there I played for Glastonbury Celtic of the A-League from 98-till march 01.

Oshawa eh .. cool, i'm not near oshawa much though, if ever ..

i used to play against a few teams in oshawa, inter oshawa, celtic etc. it was a few years ago now, i was going school in belleville and decided to play for Tenton, a few college buddies and i stuck around for the summer and played in that league !

my roommate was from oshawa to George Tselious.. good guy, bit old, he played for one of those team as well. he is about 34 or so now, greek guy

do u know digzz ? he was an old college buddy of mine too, lives in toronto, maybe u can get down for the caution jam show too .

cheers

We'll definitely have to work somethin out Dog, imagine how good a keeper you would have been if I was playing D in front of you ALL the time, you'd have never gotten scored on!!! and as an aside I saw the angry greek when i was out downtown in TO last winter, he is living in Whitby workin at teh restaurant...

No way digzz.. WOW.. lol, glad u ran into him, wish i could again someday !

and i should of edited my last post saying "do u know digzz, he was one of the several top quality players on our college team ", never got laid but he was top quality .. ha, joking on the last bit .

well 45mins until game time..

eat my bollucks davey boy .!

That was amazing. One of the best games in a while, and two teams I hate more than anything alive. The second half was kind of slow but both midfields were tight. Ronaldo would have wreaked havoc on the Celtic defence though and he probably would have brought Rooney into the game. Shansuke Nakamura is missing Stilian Petrov bigtime. Those two together were unstoppable last year. That free kick was perfectly taken.

I can't wait to see the Arsenal game.

Edited by Guest