Jambands.ca

Europe 2006-2007

M.O.B.E

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying it is alright, but EVERYONE will do it at a moments notice.......including the Canucks. You just dont see it happen because we dont see them play often enough. You honestly believe they wont dive? If I were a coach and the situation deems it to be well-timed and needed, I would ream a player for not attempting to get the call.

That is what I hate about soccer, the lack of integrity, but every sport milks it's own rules.

Show me that fuÇker scoring goals against meaningful teams and I will shut up.

man u not a meaningful team? FA Cup semi.

and why is it that no one else fills the net against lesser teams for england?

owen, rooney and everyone else have played against shit teams and have not scored loads. so if its so easy why arent the so called top class players filling the net?

whens the last time rooney has scored for england anyway? euro 2004???

wow, i thought that was a quality game, if only Gravesen wouldn't have made that stupid pass . "get your head out of your ass" , that cost celtic the game . Mind you saha should have had about 4 !

that said there was plenty of chances by both sides, man u, sure had the majority of the possession and deserved to win, but credit gordens men .

.....yes and what a awful penelty, f'in joke..

and i am with davey boy, crynaldo is frustrating to watch, cry,cry,cry, cross to no one.. ha, that was funny to read .

....... oh and why can't man uniteds super sub be english :( .

Ronaldo would have wreaked havoc on the Celtic defence though and he probably would have brought Rooney into the game.

come.on.

Crynaldo would have done a million step overs only to cross it to... nobody. Then he would have cried.

Xrist, and people call Crouchy over-rated

brutal dive for the penalty from the hairy one

Have you watched any Man United games this year? Ronaldo has been their most dangerous player in the Prem so far behind Giggsy, and speaking of Giggsy though I'd agree he went down easy, he did pull a hammy (Which I did two weeks ago, and it's pain like no other) and was taken off two minutes later...back to Ronaldo, he can frustrate me to no end at times, but the kid (barely into his 20's) has boatloads of talent and is finally startng to develop that killer final touch (be it a great cross/pass or finally starting to hit the net with shots, oh yeah he can take a mean free-kick as well)

All in all a very exciting game, though Rio's little naps almost gave me a heart-attack...

Edited by Guest

Booche you need to watch Scottish games. If you try that shit up there they break your legs, plain and simple. The scottish leagues are for animals and pyschopaths who happen to be good enough to play organized fitba. You should see the highland league they can't even get a referee.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is this week's cable TV schedule for the Champions League (and soccer in general). Full listings available at soccerTV.com.

TSN

Tue Sep 26

01:30PM UEFA Champions League Highlights Show - Match Day 1

02:30PM Benfica (Portugal) vs Manchester United (England)

Wed Sep 27

02:30PM Levski Sofia (Bulgaria) vs Chelsea (England)

Thu Sep 28

12:00AM Werder Bremen (Germany) vs Barcelona (Spain)

RDS

Tue Sep 26

02:30PM Real Madrid (Spain) vs Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)

Wed Sep 27

02:30PM Werder Bremen (Germany) vs Barcelona (Spain)

Sportsnet

Sat Sep 30

07:00AM English Premier League Preview Show

07:30AM Bolton Wanderers vs Liverpool

10:00AM Chelsea vs Aston Villa

12:00PM SoccerCentral

12:30PM Sheffield United vs Middlesbrough

TV5

Sat Sep 30

11:10AM Football de France - Ligue 1 (Teams to be announced)

Sun Oct 01

10:00AM Ligue 1 Highlights (Canal Plus - France)

All of today's games. There is a few good ones. Arsenal and Porto should be a decent game. If Porto can slow Arsenal down they might have a chance. Real Madrid loses two games in a row in CL?? ...Kiev and the Ukraine are football mad right now after the WC turnout they had.

Steaua Bucharest v Lyon is the game I want to watch the most today, it should be a tight game. AEK and Anderlecht is a battle of teams looking to shock a big club, my bet would be Anderlecht. Milan has a cakewalk in France but they might not get off so easy.

Real Madrid v Dynamo Kyiv

Steaua v Lyon

Benfica v Man. United

Celtic v København

CSKA Moskva v Hamburg

Arsenal v Porto

AEK v Anderlecht

Lille v Milan