Jambands.ca

moe. @ Ottawa Bluesfest!?

gentlemonkey

Wouldnt that be awesome~!!?!

After moe.down, I feel reassured that they are the jamminest band on the goddamn planet. I want them to come back to Ottawa to play for a real festival crowd..

I've emailed Mark Monohan with thanks for this years fest and a request to see moe., mmj and ween in 2007. He replied:

"thanks for the suggestions. Moe is on my radar screen

thanks for the support!

mark m"

If you'd like to see this as much as me, drop him an intelligent, respectful line! It can't hurt!

He is the Artistic Director of the fetival.. So of course, please feel free to request whatever you want to see.. thats the way these guys know who their audience wants to pay to see- lets get involved in this process!!

mmonahan@ottawabluesfest.ca

While I'd take any opportunity to see moe. in Ottawa, I think I'd prefer to see them do a show on their own (or with Umphrey's McGee opening up :)) at, say, Barrymore's or the CMH. At Blues Fest, I doubt they'd be given the main stage (this year, Dickey Betts, who I bet has more name recognition in Ottawa than moe. does, was put on a side stage), and while a side stage (read: "small") outdoor moe. show could be a blast, aren't typical Blues Fest sets only one set, usually 60 minutes?

Aloha,

Brad

I guess moreso a night, than a stage. We deserve it!! I think BSC, and Dickey Betts last year qualifies as 'jamnight' at the festival. Allmans and mofro the year before.

Moe. would do a 'festival set'. 2.5 hours i would think. I think the MBNA or blacksheep stage would be awesome.. maybe with BNB opening. I dunno. I'm just writing little ideas on paper and putting them into my 'hope chest'.

3 years ago I gave them a bunch of discs suggesting a jam-style night. In the pack was a disc by a band named nero.

Anyway, they did say they were tapping into the jamband/indie category more and more and to expect to see more bands to our liking in the future. I think it's safe to say that they have been following their promise. Also, the SLip did say that they were unaware of Bluesfest until this year. They are apparantly going to work on getting involved next time.