Jambands.ca

thursday (sep 14) night in ottawa/gatineau.. what to do?

questcequecest?

Sarcasm does not become you, Davey Boy. And remember, I'm here because you brought me to that nero show, oh, so long ago...

Yes, the show on Thursday to be at is The Souljazz Orchestra at Babylon. While they play there every Thursday, this week is a special one: it's the CD release party for their new afro-beat-themed record "Freedom No Go Die". Along for the ride this week will be Jokko, an Ottawa afro-beat collective. There will also be some special guests (including the brother of one of their members, on trumpet and flugelhorn, and a lady who often does vocals with them). Their shows are a melange of funk, soul, jazz, latin, and afro-beat. The doors open at 10pm, and it's $5 cover. They usually do three sets (with DJ D-Mass spinning funk before/between sets), but I'm not sure how it's going to work with another band on the bill; my guess is that it'll be one set of Jokko, and then at least two of SJO.

There's an article on them and this week's show in the Ottawa Sun today.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

thursday, during the day, i'll be at work (in meetings, in gatineau)

the Minx sounds saucy! ..not sure my boss would be as excited. she's sorta not into strippers. thanks anyway, much appreciated.

looks like we'll do the usual. out to dinner, get drunk, boss goes to bed, qqc goes out to babylon for good times! wooo!!

sugarmegs, my number is 519.897.9349. try me tomorrow afternoon if you're around.