Jambands.ca

Tonberry and the radio - together again at last!

Tonberry

Hello Skanktuarians.

It's been a long time since I was on the old jambands site, and I thought I'd let everyone know;

Starting tonight at 11pm EST, and every week thereafter, I will be back on the radio on CKCU (93.1 fm in Ottawa, www.ckcufm.com on the internet in real audio).

Now, that said, this won't be GRUVLIX per se. This will be a new show with my former GRUVLIX co-host Emily West, and Showscot, Andrew Elkington.

At this time, we're unsure what kind of format the show will take, or what name. I would assume, if musically driven, it will involve bits and pieces of our own various tastes in music. Tonight, it will certainly be a mash of such things, but in the coming weeks, we will try and narrow the focus down to something concrete.

As usual, I love the support from you folks, and would love to hear from you - any support, comments or ideas you might have are welcome.

Hope you'll tune in...

Cool! I'm usually asleep at 11pm on Mondays, but if I ever manage to come down (or stay up, depending on your point of view) with insomnia, I know what I'll be listening to.

One idea I had (about GRUVLIX, actually, but it could apply equally to the new show) would be to try to play music (live recordings, ideally) by artists that are going to be in town in the coming week, as sort of a "featured show" kind of thing.

For example, the big show (as far as I'm concerned) this week is Billy Bragg on Saturday at The Capital Music Hall; there are loads of live Bragg shows here, and a cut or two from, say, this one might be good.

Aloha,

Brad