Jambands.ca

WOWZERS!: BURT NEILSON BAND: 10 Year Anniversary Show!

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guitar work from Gillies and Flip on Rotan almost made me stand up at work as I was just listening.

Brilliant stuff. It seemed at one point Mike was ready to settle back into the groove, Todd forged ahead stepping up the intensity once again and Mike missing all of half of a beat was back in there. Together the played possibly the highest most intense note I've ever heard live.

Good job guys and congratulations on 10 years.

Deeps

Ps what's a rotan?

Hey Deeps, I don't know too much about the details of the story, but I believe the Rotan was the name of an independently designed reusable rocket that was intended to send humans into orbit. I believe it was designed by a man named Gary Hudson? (some dude who was obsessed with space travel since childhood, and therefore decided to formulate his own way of getting there)

Thanks to everyone who made this happen and all the bands, especially BNB who's been rockin' the funk out of us for 10 years!

Good times, good times!

It was epic, it really was an ontario last waltz of sorts... Athough I don't think it was the last of anything...

I was super jazzed by "rotan" and seeing some fat cats on stage!

And, Whipping Post kicked fucking ass!!! You rock Mark!

Thanks Burt Boys, this has all been wonderfull!

incredible night!!!! thanks to all involved for some night(s) to forever remember!!!

i have posted a few pics up on jer's myspace page: www.myspace.com/olmermusic

also- my sis shot that backstage footage of 'acadian driftwood' up on youtube... and my dad shot a bunch more that will be up shortly (i think he's got one song up now)