Jambands.ca

BONFIRE IGNITES VANCITY THIS FALL!!!

keither

Hey everyone!

Well... BME is in full effect now my friends. Our new website, message board & ticket centre will be online sometime next week... and we're working really hard to bring all of you the best damn shows we can, year-round, in anticipation of the next time we all get together to camp and celebrate under the stars at the Summer Annual Bonfire Music Festival... which will be entering its 3rd year next August!!

So... in the meantime we've got plenty of great shows coming up over the next few months and some very special promotions we've managed to line up as part of our Fall run, so let's get right to it!

Bonfire Music & Events Presents...

Eastern Canada's fastest rising live act

SLOWCOASTER

on an amazing double-bill with our good friends from Victoria, BC

NOISES FROM THE TOOLSHED

Saturday October 7

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 9:00

$10 admission

Noises from the Toolshed: 10:30 pm - 12:00 am

Slowcoaster: 12:15 am - 2:00 am

www.houseofrock.com/sloco

www.stephenfranke.com

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -----------------

The official afterparty of the Herbalizer/Five Alarm Funk/Themasses concert at the Plaza of Nations, the unofficial afterparty of the Canucks home opener vs. San Jose Sharks, and a very special breakfast buffet with...

2005 Jammy Awards 'Best New Groove' winners from New Haven, Connecticut

THE BREAKFAST

with special guests... the out-of-their-minds, funked-up & giant-balled maniacs of the Vancouver music scene

JACKFRUIT

Friday October 13

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 8:00

$15 advance tickets available now at Zulu, Highlife & The Park Plaza Hotel front desk (@ The Fairview)

$20 at the door

Jackfruit: 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm

The Breakfast: 11:00 pm - 2:00 am (2 sets)

www.thebreakfast.net

www.jackfruitmusic.com

Breakfast buffet (included in your ticket price) will be served between 8:00 pm & 9:00 pm... scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, ham, toast & more... right in The Fairview!!!

**LIMITED TIME OFFER - WHILE QUANTITIES LAST**

PURCHASE A BREAKFAST TICKET AT REGULAR PRICE AND RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY HERBALIZER TICKET... COURTESY OF OUR GOOD FRIENDS AT JOHN DONNELLY & ASSOCIATES!!

THIS PROMO OFFER WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE AT THE SLOWCOASTER/NOISES SHOW THIS SATURDAY NIGHT, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS E-MAIL AND CONTACTING ME DIRECTLY... WE'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET THE TIX OUT TO YOU!!

THE HERBALIZER/FIVE ALARM FUNK/THEMASSES SHOW WILL BE ENDING AT 10:30 PM... SO IF YOU HURRY OVER YOU'LL MAKE THE AFTERPARTY RIGHT AS THE BREAKFAST HIT THE STAGE!!

That's either $15 for 2 shows, or for one show and a killer breakfast buffet!!

How about that for a great promotion!!!

_________________________ _________________________ _________________________ ____________________

The high energy jamgrass of Rossland, BC's

THE TUQUES

with singer/songwriter extraordinaire from South Africa

GUY WILKINS

Wednesday October 18

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

$5 admission

Guy Wilkins: 9:45 pm - 10:30 pm

The Tuques: 11:00 pm - 1:30 am (2 sets)

www.thetuques.com

www.guywilkinsband.com

_________________________ _________________________ _________________________ _________________________ _______________________

Halloween on Planet Groove

An exploration into live electronica & the costume party of the year

with the pioneers of 'soul-trance' from Memphis, Tennessee

THE PNUMA TRIO

** featuring special guest Ryan Burnett of Signal Path on guitar **

along with the tribal, electro-organic grooves of Victoria, BC's

KARMETIK UNDERGROUND

and the one-man drum & bass/breakbeat groove machine from Seattle, Washington

KJ SAWKA

With visuals by BENT MATTER ENTERTAINMENT & 'ambience' provided by POWER & GRACE

Saturday October 28

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

$15 advance tickets available now at Zulu, Highlife & the Park Plaza Hotel front desk (@ The Fairview)

$20 at the door

KJ Sawka: 8:45 pm - 9:45 pm

Karmetik Underground: 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm

The Pnuma Trio: 11:30 pm - 2:00 am (2 sets)

** prizes for the best costumes 'from Planet Groove' **

www.pnumamusic.com

www.karmetik.com

www.kjsawka.com

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- --------------------

The Super-Aphro-Funkadelic 10-piece groove machine from San Francisco, California

APHRODESIA

Friday November 10

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

$10 admission

2 LONG sets beginning around 10:30 pm

www.aphrodesia.org

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- --------------------

Sometime in early December we will have the inaugural visit from the Evolve Festival's late-night mainstay Rory Levy and his incredible experiment...

THE GRATEFULLY DEADICATED SOUND SYSTEM

Expect 2 nights of killer DJ/Live Dead mixology... one in East Van (Cafe Deux Soleils?) and one on the West Side (Fairview?). There's also a good chance we'll be re-assembling our Jerry Garcia Tribute Show band for a live set to kick each night off right.

Stay tuned for dates & more details!

www.gratefullydeadicated.com

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------

AND FINALLY...

Bonfire Music & Events are EXTREMELY HAPPY to present you with a 2-night run from our favourite band, our good friends and the undisputed masters of the groove...

GARAJ MAHAL

Saturday December 30

with very special guests BRICKHOUSE

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Brickhouse: 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm

Garaj Mahal: 11:30 pm - 2:00 am (2 sets)

Sunday December 31 - NEW YEARS EVE

with very special guests TODD TAYLOR BAND

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Todd Taylor Band: 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm

Garaj Mahal: 12:00 am - 3:00 am (2 sets)

** Advance tickets go on sale Friday October 13th at The Breakfast show - stay tuned to www.bonfirepresents.com for prices, outlets, message board chitter-chatter & other extra goodies! **

www.garajmahal.net

www.brickhousetheband.com

Bonfire Music & Events... IGNITE YOUR IMAGINATION!!!

Thanks so much for the heads up.

My old school buddy from the B.C. interior has just touched down in Van this year and is kinda lost in the city...super to be able to direct her into the mouth of some great tunes and peeps.

Its fantastic actually.

cheers

:)

...its times like this I send Bouche cosmic hugs...

Edited by Guest

Thanks for finally getting things moving, however...look what I stumbled across today online

" Just wondering? I posted earlier about free Herbaliser tickets with the purchase of a Breakfast ticket, but my string seems to have been deleted. I got a response from Scoobie (well met, and thank you).

Do posts on this message board have a shelf life? Or did I say something wrong? Don't want to ruffle any feathers.

I wish to meet new freaky folks in the hood, figuring this would be a great forum to do it. But if my posts dissappear, the likelihood of this happening seems to be diminished."

Thanks Zero... we're pretty stoked about them too!

I don't see what Upstream would have to grumble about though, they've had this market all to themselves for 9 years... and now there's a whopping TWO promoters doing this kind of music!

I think there's room & support for both Upstream & BME to coexist... but that's me.

One other thing... Todd Taylor Band don't have a website.

They're a band of ringers, some of the best musicians in Vancouver who regularly get hired to tour with various acts and get flown to cities like New York & Nashville to play in the studio.

We could call the band "The Hired Guns", but Todd's the band leader and Western Canada's finest guitar player.

From what I've heard, the band he is assembling for this show will even give Garaj Mahal a run for their money!

Todd Taylor - guitar

Darren Parris - bass

Geoff Hicks - drums

TBA - keys

Hey Jeffrey!

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that was the case. I am in Van for a conference during the last week of November. Staying at Ty's again and was hoping to catch some shows while I was in town. I'll definitely get in touch once my plans have been finalized. Really hoping to catch Kristen and Craig this time round too!!

Please keep me posted if you hear anything more.

All the best,

sara