Jambands.ca

EUFA Qualifiers today!

M.O.B.E

Gary Caldwell scored the only goal of the game as Scotland recorded a famous victory over World Cup finalists France in their Euro 2008 qualifier.

The result made it nine points out of nine for the Scots in Group B and they must surely now start believing they have a possibility of making the finals in Switzerland and Austria.

The winner came on 67 minutes when Paul Hartley's corner dropped to the feet of Caldwell whose low shot found the net.

With the Scots defending superbly throughout the game, French had no answers.

Only once did they seriously look like equalising. That chance came when Thierry Henry finally got in behind the defence but his free header from eight yards was straight at keeper Craig Gordon.

In a first half dominated by he visitors, Henry rattled the post with an early free kick, before Patrick Vieira's header was disallowed for offside.

For Scotland, James McFadden saw an early shot blocked by his own player, Paul Hartley, before shooting wide shortly after the break.

However, Caldwell stepped into the hero role soon after to leave Scotland brimming with confidence ahead of Wednesday's trip to Kiev to face Ukraine.

awesome win for the scots, it's good to see some gritty non-divers get a good result

as for england- woof i'm glad i didn't see that macedonia game. that said, i'm toying with the idea of skiving off of work and watching them get thumped by the croats tomorrow- 1:00 kickoff (and a $10 cover charge) though, that's pretty early to be slipping out of work.

oh well, i haven't used the doctor's appt excuse for a while...

I cant wait any longer for these games to get goin...I'll be have my weed nap by the time kickoff gets here. If Scotland can manage a draw then we are pretty much through. Things are looking up for this side. I'm glad the SFA starting allowing players playing out of Scotland into the team. None of the good Scots play in scotland anymore.

As for England. So sorry. Watching you get your asses handed to you today by Croatia will make my day even better.

69 mins: The Croatian players didn't know who to congratulate and although it will go down as a Neville own goal, it was all Robinson's fault.

74 mins: The home fans jeer Robinson every time he receives a pass from his defence but he manages to boot the ball away successfully this time.

As a Spurs fan I am dumbfounded as to why Robinson still plays for the national team.

Scotland blew it in the last 5 minutes.

90' Shevchenko (Ukraine) scores from the penalty spot.

89' McManus (in) - Neilson (out) (Scotland)

88' Shevchenko (Ukraine) was fouled in the penalty area by Neilson (Scotland)

87' Gordon (Scotland) makes a save.

87' Shevchenko (Ukraine) delivers the free-kick on target.

86' Pressley (Scotland) is dismissed.

I'm still glad that other lot got beat too. Scotland is still tied at the top of the group 3-1 and yet to play Italy.