Jambands.ca

Webhosting

mattm

Earlier this year i transferred all of my websites to dreamhost.com, and it has worked very well. I have them all on one host instead of paying for each site separately through my old host. Site performance is good and there's a dumpload of space... they just raised their storage on their most basic plan to 200GB. There are tonnes of coupon codes around too... here's one to get their basic plan for $70 for the whole year: YEAR4SEVENTY

In the past I used totalchoicehosting.com and was very happy, so if you don't need a lot of space you can probably get a bit cheaper hosting there. But dreamhost lets you host unlimited domains on one account which saved me money in the long run since the other hosts I've tried only let you have one domain attached to each hosting monthyl bill or whatever

edit: if you are going to register a dot-ca domain name, the cheapest i have found is namespro.ca and their support is really good too (i just had a email-fest with them about transferring domains to them and they were very fast and friendly in responding)

Edited by Guest

www.doteasy.com is cheap and Canadian.

depending on what you want they've got a great basic package. If you own your domain name already you pay an initial fee (I think it's $40.00) to set up the DNS, but after that it's free.. and ad free as well!

You get 10 email addresses, 100mb of disk space, 1gb/month data transfer and full support.

It's not exciting feature wise but depending on what you need it may be perfect.

You can get the same deal but purchase your domain through doteasy.com and only pay the domain renewal each year.

www.doteasy.com is cheap and Canadian.

depending on what you want they've got a great basic package. If you own your domain name already you pay an initial fee (I think it's $40.00) to set up the DNS, but after that it's free.. and ad free as well!

You get 10 email addresses, 100mb of disk space, 1gb/month data transfer and full support.

100 MB disc space is embarrassing, useless and absolutely unexplainable in this day and age of hard drives.

but that is pretty stupid cheap if it's $25/yr. I'm not sure what you would do with that though.

Edited by Guest

I used to run this site on shared hosting (shared with hundreds of sites) and the performance was completely unpredictable. Other users would crash the server quite a bit.

that's the only thing you need to watch out for with godaddy and webhost4life

For an extra $2.99 per month ($36 per year) I get a dedicated IP address. Worth the investment I think.

A dedicated IP address isn't the same thing as dedicated hosting. I think it should be dedicated by default. Webhost4life gave out static IP's by default.

Yeah, I noticed GoDaddy lowballs you on the inital price and then make their money back in add-ons. But it's still cheaper (for what I get) than any of the other hosting companies I researched.