Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player who deliberately removes his sweater prior to participating in an altercation or who is clearly wearing a sweater that has been modified and does not conform to Rule 24A -- Players' Jerseys, shall be assessed a minor penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and a game misconduct. This is in addition to other penalties to be assessed to the participants of an altercation.

A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is removed (completely off his torso), other than through the actions of his opponent in the altercation or through the actions of the Linesman, shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.

A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is not properly "tied-down" (sweater properly fastened to pants), and who loses his sweater (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct.

theres your sweater rule.

Guest Low Roller

He is stepping UP!

The people of Quebec are probably ready to crown him as the second coming of Jesus.

So Murray and Downey both get left behind last night in favour of Kostitsyn and Dandenault.

Anybody have any opinions on the Kostitsyn/ Kovalev/ Samsonov line? I'm actually rooting for Kostitsyn to stay with the team. I too know the pain of being the final cut two years in a row.

Anybody have any opinions on the Kostitsyn/ Kovalev/ Samsonov line?

Saw a bit of creativity last night but I cant recall them really standing out. There was one MAD flurry during a late 2nd period power play for the Habs but I dont remember who was on the ice. It was pure domination. I was sure the Habs had scored at least 3 times.

Things are looking good in Hab land. What is everyones take on the Goalie situation?

I personally like what they are doing. However I am hoping that once we hit about 50 games into the season that Huet is made the starter to get ready for the playoffs. There will still be plenty of opportunity for Abie, but I want a solid starter for the playoffs.

Anyway we play it I like the goaltending situation.

I am thinking Hab-ischer gets traded in the new year, perhaps sooner if the right deal comes along or it may happen around the trade deadline.

Or it wont.

Thats possible too. However as we saw in last years playoffs it doesnt hurt to have a solid backup.

Though if the price was right I would have no problem trading him.

Guest Low Roller

I can't believe that my illegal pirate internet TV chose not to show the Habs game. Instead I was treated to the dreadful Ottawa/Buffalo game and Carolina/Dallas.

I missed Savard's jersey retiring ceremony!

Guest Low Roller

Francis Bouillion might be in the line-up on Wednesday... which means that the Habs will have 8 defencemen in the line-up... which means that something has to give... which means Niinimaa is probably done with the Habs.

Guest Low Roller

Habs' prospects update... looking good!

I love Bob Gainey. Ever since he took over the team we have a proper farm system again (arguably kickstarted by Andre Savard), no thanks to Rejean "fucknut" Houle.

[color:purple]Eric Chouinard was a brilliant first round pick in 1998 Rejean! Simon Gagne who? And Alexander Burtulin in 1999; he's so fast on his skates that he overshot his NHL career. And I'll never let you live down Jason Ward over Marian Hossa in 1997...

5218_1.jpg

I love that picture.

Rant over...

Enter: The Booche.

And I'll never let you live down Jason Ward over Marian Hossa in 1997...

Purple?

NhlFutures.com has the Habs system as the number 6th ranked one in the league.

6. Montreal Canadiens

Strengths: The Canadiens are particularly deep up front and between the pipes, with standout prospects in both areas. Guillaume Latendresse headlines a deep and offensively gifted group of forward talent, cracking the NHL roster at the tender age of 19 and may be the power forward for which the Habs have been searching for years. Between the pipes, junior-aged Carey Price headlines a rich crop of netminders, including Yann Danis and Jaroslav Halak, both of whom have enjoyed notable success in the AHL. Overall depth at all positions is the hallmark of this organization.

Weaknesses: The Habs are thinnest on the blue line, but have started to address that deficiency with the recent drafting of David Fischer, Mathieu Carle, and Cameron Cepek. In addition, while the club is deep in speedy, offensively gifted forwards, they lack a solid foundation of players with size and grit.

Top Five Prospects: Guillaume Latendresse (RW), Andrei Kostitsyn (RW), Carey Price (G), Kyle Chipchura ©, Yann Danis (G)

Key Graduates: Alex Perezhogin (RW), Tomas Plekanec ©

Guest Low Roller
Purple?

Yeah, I guess that doesn't classify as sarcasm but pretty much a direct threat.

More fodder for anger against Houle:

1995: Montreal picks Terry Ryan 8th overall. Ryan was one of only FIVE players picked in the first round that didn't have a successful NHL career. Dallas picks Jarome Iginla 11th.

1996: Montreal picks Matt Higgins in the first round, 18th overall. He plays only 54 games in the NHL. Daniel Briere was 24th.

He traded THREE CAPTAINS IN A ROW: Mike Keane, Pierre Turgeon, and Vincent Damphousse.

And the kicker, Houle traded Patrick Roy when he should have fired Mario Tremblay.

Guest Low Roller

Andrei Kostitsyn has been returned to Hamilton... I guess that means that Bouillion is very close to returning, and that Dandenault might see some ice time on offence.

Guest Low Roller

Looks like Niinimaa will sit another game out. There is no way that the team's 5th highest paid player will sit in the press box, therefore he should be traded soon (along with Garth Murray), I suggest for a second line center to finally complete the Kovalev/Samsonov line... But who to get?

1995: Montreal picks Terry Ryan 8th overall. Ryan was one of only FIVE players picked in the first round that didn't have a successful NHL career. Dallas picks Jarome Iginla 11th.

Huh? That makes no sense. Maybe 5 players that year...............AND, what do you mean by "successful" ?

I count 8 players that did shit. There are a few that had decent showings and a few more that were "successful" but the picture you paint aint too rosy. The draft is a crap-shoot that depends on your scouting system more than anything else. The GM is the face of the organization when it comes to making the selection, that is all.

Regarding that 1998 pick, Eric Chouinard may have went first but they grabbed Michael Ryder with their second last pick. As for the first round picks of the last 4 years, we wont know anything for a few years.