Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

For anybody who cares, here's the inside scoop on the recent, seemingly meaningless, trade that the Habs made for Mathieu Biron in exchange for Patrick Traverse:

[...]This leads me to, interestingly enough, recently dealt defenceman Patrick Traverse. Upon his acquisition (and the subsequent pickup of Janne Ninnimaa), he requested that the team try and move him back to Worcester so that he could rejoin his family. And up until this week, the team was unable/unwilling to oblige his request. It seems only fitting, that given how the team is doing whatever it can for Bob Gainey this week, that it also grants Traverse his wish, by accepting a defenceman they showed they had no interest in before as an acceptable return to allow him to rejoin his family.

That being said, Biron has already doubled Traverse's output this season in just two games by notching two goals for the Bulldogs. Biron is a RFA at the end of the season.

Guest Low Roller

That's crazy wicked. I remember back when the Habs had the worst PP in the league for the longest time.

There was a time when they completely suuuuucked.

So anybody believe that Federov rumour going around??

Guest Low Roller

You know what's crazy (besides Booche), is that the Habs have four solid lines, everyone is contributing, Lapierre has a point in every game he's played with the Habs so far, there is an abundance of players, and the special teams are flooring the rest of the league.

Optimism, thy name is Montreal Canadiens.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry buddy. I'm an idiot.

Who's the only team in NHL history that the Habs do not have a winning record against?

Tonight sure didnt help.

I didnt watch much of the game. I think I saw 4 minutes of play but in that, there was a 1-1 score and I turned my head. Maybe went to the bathroom or had a smoke? Next thing I know, it's 3-1.

I started paying close attention again with 5 minutes to go but the Habs didnt seem to have strong legs so I turned my head away with 2:34 to go and didnt see anything else.

None the less, if anyone wants to do a 20-1 Stanley Cup odds bet with me, send me a PM. I got the 50$ you need provided you guarantee my payout if I win. I will also be willing to lay down 30-1 odds on the Sens to win.

Where's Vegas when you need it?