Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Something is fucked up when Jeff "Giving you the" Finger gets a better deal with the Leafs than Kostitsyn gets with the Habs.

This must be the case of an agent bullying senior citizen Cliff Fletcher into a lucrative contract for his client.

Thank God Bob Gainey is still on the ball, and is surrounded by great assistants in Pierre Gauthier and Julien Brisebois, not to mention Trevor Timmons, player development guru.

So are we adding Mats Sundin to the list of Brenden Shanahan and Daniel Briere yet?

So are we adding Mats Sundin to the list of Brenden Shanahan and Daniel Briere yet?

Dont be fucking stupid. None of them should be judged for making an executive decision. You put yourself in their shoes my friend.......but "Boo" them if it is going to take them off their game.

Plus Sundin hasnt signed anywhere yet.

The fuckingcocksucker.

Guest Low Roller

Isn't the list of Brenden Shanahan and Daniel Briere exactly that- Players who have made an "executive decision".

I didn't call the list "greedy fuckers" or "people with smaller penises than Bob Gainey", in which case you can file grievance against my post for obvious slander.

And don't kid yourself, Sundin is on that list.

[color:blue]Free agent forward Mats Sundin has thanked teams which have shown interest in him but says he's not ready to make a decision on his playing future right now.

The 37-year old released the following statement on Wednesday:

"I would like to thank all the teams who have expressed such sincere interest in my services.

"The numerous options provided to me were impressive and I have no doubt that each one presented a unique opportunity for me to finish my career in a terrific hockey environment.

"I spent a great deal of time yesterday reflecting upon the teams who stepped forward and the opportunities that each provided.

"Unfortunately, I am simply not close to being ready to make a decision about resuming my career at this time.

"I wish all the teams the very best and thank them for their interest."

I have always respected Sundin and the loyalty he has shown to the Leafs however I am beginning to think he is not the player the Habs need. Sure it would still be nice to sign him but I don't think I will be as excited about it as I once was.

I can't figure this guy out...

Does he want to win?

Does he want money?

Does he want to retire?

I know it's a tough decision for him but he should have been thinking of this months ago. I think he has an abundance of talent but lacks the fire. Maybe I am just tired of hearing all the rumors and a little disappointed the Habs haven't landed anyone yet. Maybe I am pissed that Hossa went to Det or maybe I am just hungover...

It's just at this point I figure Sundin can just stay home.

I truly don't think that Sundin is going to lift any team to the Cup next year. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the lineup somewhere else, but I just don't see him being the inspiration/leader that will get a team there (unlike Bourque).

I'm guessing that Sundin will be in a Rangers sweater next season, if he plays at all.

In the meantime, Detroit will once again be a monster, and who knows what Tampa will do, but they could be a force to be reckoned with.

Guest Low Roller

Our prospect pool is deep enough, and besides, I predicted this move earlier this week.

Greg Pateryn is only 18, yet he's already 6'2" and 212 pounds. Another D prospect developing in the NCAA.

I wonder if this trade is part of the rights to Sundin deal.

Guest Low Roller

The Habs have also signed UFA Alex Henry and UFA Cedrick Desjardins.

Who you may ask?

Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today the signingof free agent defenceman Alex Henry to a one-year contract (2008-09). The Club also announced that

goaltender Cédrick Desjardins has agreed to a two-year contract (2008-09 and 2009-2010). As per club

policy, financial terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Henry, 28, suited up for the Milwaukee Admirals in the American Hockey League last season. He recorded

16 points (3 goals, 13 assists) and was second on the team with 142 penalty minutes. He was one of only two

defencemen to play in all 80 regular-season games.

A native of Elliot Lake, Ontario, Henry spent the past two seasons in the Nashville Predators’ organization

after signing as a free agent on August 21, 2006. The 6’5†and 220 lbs defenceman played 175 NHL games with

Edmonton (3), Washington (38) and Minnesota (134).

A third round selection, 67th overall by the Edmonton Oilers in 1998, Henry was claimed twice on waivers

during his NHL career, in October 2002 by the Washington Capitals and in October 2003 by the Minnesota Wild.

Henry also played in 332 AHL games, including three seasons with the Hamilton Bulldogs from 1999 to 2002.

Cédrick Desjardins, 22, had a tremendous season in 2007-08, leading the ECHL Cincinnati Cyclones to

the Kelly Cup Championship in just his second professional season. The Cyclones also won the league’s regularseason

title with 115 points. Desjardins posted a 16-4-2 record, had five shutouts, maintained a 1.92 goalsagainst

average and a .934 save percentage in 22 games. He led all ECHL goaltenders during the playoffs with

a 1.84 goals-against average, posting a 11-4 record and a .939 save percentage in 16 games. Desjardins also

played 12 games with the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs last season (4-4-1, 3.04 GAA and .909 save %).

A native of Edmundston, New Brunswick, Desjardins spent four seasons in the QMJHL (2002 to 2006)

with Rimouski and Québec, posting 67 wins in 128 regular-season games. In his second consecutive

participation to the Memorial Cup in 2006, he led the Remparts to the tournament championship. He was

named the Memorial Cup Top Goaltender and was named to the tournament’s All-Star Team.

This fall, Desjardins will take part in his second training camp with the Canadiens.

Guest Low Roller

I predicted that there was no room for him on the top two lines and that he wouldn't want to be an auxiliary player.

I predicted that there was no room for him on the top two lines and that he wouldn't want to be an auxiliary player.

STOP THE PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not like any of the hundred Hab message boards werent telling you that but I am sure you noticed his play whilst in England all on your own.

Georges Laraque is heading home. The native of Montreal, Quebec has signed a three-year contract with the Canadiens, reportedly worth $4.5 million. The deal includes a partial no-trade clause.

Shit! I knew that and forgot to tell everyone.

Guest Low Roller

From Danis to Denis.

RDS called it a couple of weeks ago. The Islanders signed UFA Yann Danis yesterday, so today the Habs signed Marc Denis to a two-way one year deal.

So the Habs have added FOUR french-canadians to their roster: Tanguay, Laracque, Denis, and Desjardins (well sure, only two will actually play in the NHL). I hope that shut that french fucker Rejean Tremblay from La Presse up now.

I hope that shut that french fuÇker Rejean Tremblay from La Presse up now.

Was that him again who complained after the draft that they didnt take any french-canadians even though they traded for Tanguay?

Whoever he was sure showed his idiocy.