Jambands.ca

Easy Star AllStars...

PassedOutGuy

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but the Easy Star AllStars will be at Lee's Palace on November 12... anyone in the TO area planning on going? Tickets are 18.50 plus at ticketbastard... If you are not familiar with them they will be performing Radiodread... OK Computer interpretted in dub.... they are most well known for a kick ass rendition of Dark Side of the Moon simply entitled Dub Side of the Moon...

Guest Low Roller
hey Low Roller... looks like they are heading your way after they finish in Canada...

They are playing at the Komedia in Brighton??? Are you kidding me? That room is the size of Booche's living room!

I saw them in Vancouver and they play not just an album, but in no particular order they play lots from both "Dub Side" and "Radiodread". They were awsome! The singer is really funny to watch and the "Dub Side" stuff is worth it alone.

After somebody commented that Radiodread would not make up an entire show on it's own, I was thinking that they must "fill" the rest of the show with Dub Side of the Moon. I'm going to do my best to get to this one. I've listened to Radiodread a couple of more times and it's growing on me.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I am going to this and I recently bought "Radiodread".

I think it is well produced and well played, but I wonder if it will have the impact of "Dub Side of the Moon".

I mean while "OK Computer" is considered a modern classic among gen Xr's and younger but I don't see it as having the same crossover appeal. Or the same classic status (yet) as Dark Side.

Furthermore, not being a massive Radiohead fan the songs don't resonate with me as much. The dub thing is also a little streached by the fact the Radiohead used different time signatures and more chord changes than reggae ever does.

So I think the album will grow on me, but I think they've really narrowed the audience appeal.

Who else bought the album? Comments......?

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Do not go to ticketbastard for these tickets if you can help it... that is all...

I just walked to Rotate This on my lunch hour. They are all out of Easy Star tix! Ticketbastard still has 'em.

I want to get a couple, but it looks like i may have to resort to the TBastard :(

Any ideas on showtime? I know it lists 8pm, but i think there's an opener.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)