Jambands.ca

Why is there such non-acknowledgement for new bands?

richbass

So there was the article a couple months ago talking about supporting new bands and keeping the scene alive. Well if anyone out there has some advice to get a brand new fresh band to slowly ease tehmselves into the scene I'd be grateful to get any sort of clues. As I have found out "shamelessly" promoting a show on this site simply does not work or even get a view. So I ask some of you for advice, as I know its out there.

Peace and Love,

Rich

get a very cool website with downloads, and add your link to your signature.

Alright. I listened to the tracks on myspace. Good, funky stuff.

I'll try to check you out live some time, for sure. In fact, I'll be moving to Thornhill, myself, in one month.

(BTW, "Ontario" is misspelled on your myspace profile. I'm only pointing it out, because some people may be searching for "Ontario" bands, and missing you guys because of it.)

I think there's lots of discussion of new bands on this site. They just don't happen to all be "jambands", and the discussion tends to arise because people are inspired to talk about impressive artists, not because they're prompted to.

I think this comment captures a great deal not just about this or that band but the state of the jamband scene. The Jam is Dead. Long Live The Jam.

Ah fellow Paul Weller fans... excellent.

Jacksoul, the Toronto-based 'soul' group have a new album out, which is all covers. They were on CBC's Go! this weekend and played My Ever Changing Moods by the Style Council.

and.... back to the discussion.