Jambands.ca

Slip 10/20 Saint John, 10/21 Halifax

dave-O

Anybody notice how Paper Birds has a direct cop of Anthems For A Seventeen Yr. Old Girl at the end, not sure if they're playing it live. He did it unconsciously (Brad) at first - changing 'Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me' for I think 'Your head is cracked, your feet are burnt(?), your warrior blood, can handle that'. I called him on it and he owned up to it in a cute way but then dropped it from live versions as I recall. Then it pops up on the album sort of from 6:00-8:17. It's really really obvious, like anyone who knows Broken Social Scene will pick up on it. They know some of that crew as far as I know, at least Charles Spearin who they've met through Do Make Say Think. I would bet some of them have had a conversation or at least it was really conscious and a sort of homage. I think Eisenhower may very well be the first Canadian album by an American band (at least in recent memory).

hah... i dunno about that, luke - but thanks, i'll take it.

and yeah dave, i'll have a bunch more photos to put up, hopefully tonite... i've been busy as hell since i got back, and all i wanna do is go through this stuff! but yeah, i'll link to 'em when they're done for sure...