Jambands.ca

Slip Ontario may or may not be happening!

zero

Okay I am really doing my best to facilitate our friends at Nufunk and U.F. Productions but I just got off the phone with my ex and she spoke with Brad personally at the show in Halifax and he said Guelph was as yet not confirmed. I could see him being out of the loop but that seems somewhat unlikely.

As a fan I am beyond crestfallen that this is even remotely up for debate.

As a journalist who has already pitched and had a feature likely cover story approved for that day I am Pissed.

As a head I am sort of sick and tired of this confusion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing all the legwork with the venue. I got Tim the venue manager to hold the date, he was reluctant to do a booking that date and I won him over. Until short of a week ago he had no idea what was going on. I'm sure he still has no idea (ed. beyond what he was told - that it is in fact on). Maybe it's just Brad not knowing the newest info but somehow I think that on their end the information is communicated effectively- as opposed to on our end.

I have been really biting my tongue on a lot of fronts lately but if I don't have confirmation to within %110 by the end of the day the floodgates are opening.

Edited by Guest

i don't know about the timetables, so i'm honestly asking - the show is scheduled for 5 weeks from now. are things typically totally confirmed this far in advance? i know for large shows they are, but smaller bar shows, what is the norm? or what is the norm for the slip?

You know that's a sound question. I think when someone announces on a highly frequented public forum that something is confirmed it's confirmed. When someone tells a venue and local journalist it's confirmed it's confirmed. I should presume that it is in fact confirmed but I am disheartened by some of the fly by the seat of your pants antics as of late.

It's just a real kick in the teeth. I mean fuck everyone knows I love the Slip seemingly more than life itself. I haven't been able to get Moses to the Mountain so I had to bring the Mountain to Moses. I have way too many stories on the go and constantly mounting deadlines. Fuck I mean I even pitched Echo Weekly to their publicist as a confirmed outlet on the basis that there was a date here. Again I may be really offbase, god I hope I'm offbase, but when the lead singer of a band with three fucking members doesn't think something's certain that's a reason for concern.

As an amusing anecdote, because god knows I need some amusement at the moment, Brad told Melissa something to the effect of "you know when I first met Luke I thought 'boy this guy sure does talk a lot' then after a while I didn't want him to stop". Sweet.

Let me take you to Shadytown. Doo doo doo doo Shadytown.

Okay based on a private message I just received I sense that I have been kept in the dark intentionally here. I'm not sure why I am keeping anything that I have heard in confidence because frankly if I was in the opposite position I would expect to be called on it- I would damn well expect that I had my ducks in a row and a good answer. I mean you can't bullshit a bullshitter. I should just trust my intuition a %100- it seems whenever something smells fishy it's because someone didn't wash between their legs.

Let me chime in here. I am experiencing the same thing. After finding out last week that Ottawa was confirmed, I just found out that it really isn't confirmed.

How's that grab you? I will now have to edit posts stating the shows and dates I guess? I've had to ask Mavericks to move the dates too many times already and I'm afraid this type of activity is not good for them either.

I just feel like my intelligence has been insulted. I also feel that the good faith in the head community has been insulted. I am publicly asking that everyone try and be reasonable here and at least give the guys a chance to respond. I mean that sounds odd coming from me and believe me if a complete truthful accounting of where things stand doesn't follow being reasonable will be the last of my concerns.