Jambands.ca

Slip Ontario may or may not be happening!

zero

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

there's nothing funny about getting confirmations and having them pulled.

so were the confirmations pulled or what? as far as this thread says to me, Shane has confirmed that the first 3 shows are a definite go...

did ottawa get pulled or something, is that what this post means?

Funny to me because I know Hamilton is confirmed and quite positive the other cities are as well.

Unfunny to people that think the world is falling over some rumour.

Marco, you can always call me directly to find out about the truth of a confirmation at pj's.

Funny to me because I know Hamilton is confirmed and quite positive the other cities are as well.

Unfunny to people that think the world is falling over some rumour.

Marco, you can always call me directly to find out about the truth of a confirmation at pj's.

thanks. whenever a show is confimed, I'll confirm the truth of the confirmation by calling you for a confirmation of the truth of the confirmation.

If I can't trust the internet, what can I trust in this world???????

Clarification for Ottawa. The show was confirmed to me, and I confirmed everything on this end with Mavericks. An announcement was made and then I received word that they weren't confirmed. That's the facts.

I just don't understand why I was told that it was confirmed if it wasn't. Simple disappointment and a general annoyance of having to backtrack with Mavericks.

the ottawa date was tossed around bit, then confrimed then unconfrimed. by there agent.

this shit happens all the time.

we'er still working on confriming a ottawa date.

Dec 7,8,9 have always been confrimed. there was never a question.

just becuase brad who's on tour now. doesn't know what date and were, means nothing. more often then not musican are out of the loop. thats why they have agents and managers.

Edited by Guest

Clarification for Ottawa. The show was confirmed to me, and I confirmed everything on this end with Mavericks. An announcement was made and then I received word that they weren't confirmed. That's the facts.

I just don't understand why I was told that it was confirmed if it wasn't. Simple disappointment and a general annoyance of having to backtrack with Mavericks.

So the issue was with Mavericks then. I see, your first reply made it sound otherwise. My apologys..

Ok Mike, no offence towards you, just this sounds confusing then,

I confirmed everything on this end with Mavericks. An announcement was made and then I received word that they weren't confirmed. That's the facts.

Sounds like the bar also jumped the gun then, in my opinion, if they confirmed with you only to say different later.

Oh fuck right the fuck off. I said I believe 'let's hope that we owe Shane and Jay a huge apology'. Do we owe Shane and Jay a huge apology? Apparently they think we do. Let's consider as desperate as this all seemed it is ONE THREAD on ONE MESSAGE BOARD - it's not exactly like the FUCKING NEW YORK TIMES. I haven't enjoyed dealing with Shane or Jay on this, more Shane than Jay. I think I naively thought that all was well. Maybe all is well. I know that I just got a two word email from Shane that reads.

your fucked.

That's cool. Scare tactics. Whooooooo and just days away from Halloween. How exactly am I fucked? Am I not going to get my Slip show in Guelph now - well that really would suck. Otherwise I've got more credibility in my fucking foreskin (which was lopped off at fucking birth!) than Shane. I'm not trying to play both ends against the middle, I'm not trying to maneouvre with limited resources in a community that call themselves 'friends'. Frankly I'm just trying to figure out how and when I can start promoting someone else's concert in my city. Just for the record I just finished interviewing the mayoral candidate in Guelph, a local restauranteur, Julie Doiron and now I'm back to this pissant business. As far as I can tell honesty is the best policy. I wrote Jay and Shane looking for a response and perhaps you could argue that I should have waited for their answer. Frankly given the mixed accounts of their practices I've been getting I really didn't feel I could believe them. I'm sorry that's just what I felt. It turns out by opening this discussion up to the board that I got more information that was of concern to me.

How again am I fucked though?

the "your fucked" came in response to the email you sent me, telling me your going to contact the slip's agent and "take matter into your hands". when there is no matter to fucking deal. flying off handle, and unconfriming shows that are confrimed without asking me. "you fucked" means you fuck" thats it, its not a threat.

i wish wish i never sent you that first email.

again thanks for all the help on these shows.

Edited by Guest

Well that's cool. I mean I really appreciate that. I'm an angst ridden mother fucker no doubt about that. I woke up today having to interview the former mayor and Julie Doiron. I didn't foresee this and it was a concern. Some of this really should be made public. Some of it really shouldn't (at least for now).

Let's work together to make this a powerful, emotional, spiritual and rewarding run of shows. Let's put the 'jamband' scene's best foot forward. A bunch of infighting, bitching, undercutting does no one any good. I do apologize if I was wrong about this. It seems I was. Things aren't always as they seem though and that's the part that concerns me.