Jambands.ca

For members involved in/with Nufunk

ggrtrhhrtgg

We haven't sent anything out in months cause we were working on the list. We have finally paid money to set up with a agency that will automatically unsubscribe you when you click unsubscribe. Jaydawg has compiled dozens of lists from his thousands of corespondances, and used that. By finally having them in one place, we can properly manage that list. We know we are going to cross people again, and we are sorry, but please understand we have taken steps so this will never happen again after this time (and you click unsubscribe). Please cut us a little slack... it's not easy making this grassroots scene work. We have built up from nothing to have actual cash flow that can be committed to essential services like these. We tried to save cash before by cutting corners, and it was a mistake, but if only for the lack of experience, at the time we didn't know why. We listened to the ligitimate concerns and now we are doing things the right way. Once again, apologies for all the hassle we have/are causing... we have been building from scratch and have made lots of mistakes... but we are learning to be better...

Sincerly

~WiGS

I don't get the mail and I'm pretty happy about that. If I could offer a piece of advice though, it'd be this: The issue isn't so much removing people when they ask to be removed, it's adding them in the first place. Building e-mail lists from correspondance you've had with people is unethical and going to cause you grief. You need to ask people's permission before you add them to a e-mail list. The most common way of doing this is through a web site. You should also ensure that you have a privacy policy in place (basically stating that you won't be selling their addresses to anyone willing to give you a few bucks) so that they feel comfortable signing up for your e-mail notices. This is the way things work. If you ignore that, you are going to continue to anger people.

I don't mind the emails, no real bother to me to tell the truth. I just ask that I get only one of them. Yesterday, I recieved three copies of the same email, so I unsubscribed. Again, I have no problems & am not complaining about getting them, its just the mutilple emails for the same shows that get to me.

If there is a way to ensure I get only one email, then I'll sign up myself this time.

I receive a lot of spam in my different email accounts, everday. If i don't want to view it, i delete it. I don't complain though as i've been on the sales end of things plenty of times to know just how difficult it is to get your pitch out there. Whether you have permission or not to solicit, sales has a magical way of rubbing people the wrong way. Instead of getting all fired up and rattled from an electronic piece of paper, maybe the world would be a better place if we all stopped, took a deep breath, and realized without promoters half of the shows we all love wouldn't come to us in the first place. in light of that, maybe a click of the mouse isn't such a hard thing to do in the first place. after all.. it's friggin' electronic email... is it really worth the raise in blood pressure?

I don't mind so much, but I don't live anywhere near T.O....The thing that pisses me off though...how did my email get there in the first place?? I didn't add it....is one of the "correspondants" providing info about me without my knowledge/consent?? Just thinking...weird.

ahhhh.. this is the Question of The Ages!

[color:purple]gee, it only took what, 5 public floggings to actually have something done about this! yay!

i for one am glad the unsubscribe feature has been revamped to actually work. i will save any further venomous comments for the next time i get one of the emails. which better not be ever.

and it's not that we got one little bit of spam that we can choose not to read that makes people so angry. it's a) that the emails were culled from this site and added to the list without consent, and B) despite NUMEROUS discussions about this, nothing was done to rectify it. people couldn't even remove themselves when they tried to. but (sadly) this topic has come up SO many times that i don't even care enough about it anymore to say anything other than whoohoo.

Good job with the unscubscribe feature, nufunk. And it is clear that they did not exclusively get emails from this site as I rec'd the nufunk email at my work address and it is in no way connected with this site. Send Jaydawg an email, he'll save the address. I don't really care though, especially if I can automatically unsubscribe now... which I didn't.