Jambands.ca

The Slip - Eisenhower [Advance]

balogna pogna

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure anyone who's into the Slip will be buying it, especially if we can get it at a show in OTTAWA ;)

I'm also sure that there are people that don't dig the Slip and will probably just honour it with a listen. But those people will eventually like the Slip. There is no way that they can't.

It's really amazing how a CD which is not yet released will inevitably end up on the P2P networks. Bands should really just take advantage and dump teasers out there.

Remember when you could by 2-sided single 45's? the B-side doesn't even have to be on the album. Bands should put out singles with live B-sides on the P2P trackers.

Remember when you could by 2-sided single 45's? the B-side doesn't even have to be on the album. Bands should put out singles with live B-sides on the P2P trackers.

A related story - the title track of The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute was left off the album due to time constraints. It was released on an EP.

listening to this now...and hooooooly

i'm liking the piano on if one of us...

and the vocals are good

is the even the rats up on capital hill lyric been changed to even the men....or was it always like that? i don't want to stop listening and ruin the fluidity of my first listen to check

1st listen impressions:

I think because I (dare I say, we all) have watched the metamorphasis of these songs, a few of these versions are going to take some getting used to. Specifically, I'm not fond of "If One of Us"'s new vibe, and certainly didn't hear enough of Brad's wonderful guitar playing throughout.

That being said, this is a finely produced, multilayered and well executed album.

It just feels like a new pair of shoes. There are things you miss about the old pair, it doesn't quite fit right yet, but clearly they are new, improved and more "in style".

I'm sort of jealous you're getting to hear it, I thought I'd have it to myself a bit longer.

I couldn't feel differently as I've mentioned about If One Of Us Should Fall- they've taken a classic massive downer song of there's - retained the melancholy but made it much more engaging, listenable and dare I say happy.

The Soft Machine and intro are pretty monumental too. The whole thing Airplane/Primitive and Suffocation Keep- they all just sing.

Live shows jerkwad.

Really? So there's no commercial released music in your 'burned' CD collection and no commercially released MP3s that you've 'liberated' in your collection?

Well then, I stand corrected. Please resume your "high and mighty" posturing with my full support and respect.