Jambands.ca

The Slip - Eisenhower [Advance]

balogna pogna

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold are the life giving waters I've taken for granted.

I like the rhyming off of the other songs on the album. It reminds me of Aceyalone's Book of Human Language- he rhymes off 'the thief in the night, the grandfather clock, the hold, the lesson'. I like the Police reference to it just made me think of a hip hop concept album.

To some it might seem like self-masturbatory artistry (how's that for a zero-ism?), but I like the references to their previous works.

Self-masturbatory is an oxymoron I think. You don't usually say "I masturbated my girlfriend last night"

Maybe you could say "The album seems self-congratulatory" instead?

i can't wait to get this cd in front of me though with the booklet and all that jazz

Atta girl. I want to go through the whole process of the purchase, the excitement with it in my pocket as I head home, the unwrapping of the cd and putting it in my player for that first play.

Unfortuanately, I dont think I am going to be able to hold out 'cause of this gdamn thread. I will try but I am weak. A weak man I am. I have faith most will end up buying it but I dount Willy has the ability to be a stand-up individual on this issue.

I hope It does'nt sound like the 10/20 show. I remember someone from this board saying that they seemed to be taking on an 'american bluegrass sound' (or something ???)-n- I did'nt get it at the time. The older shows seemed to have much more of an edge and much more energy/creativity.

Then again maybe I'm just full of BS???

umm... about the first 4 songs.

and if you want, i guess you could count closing with paper birds.

BiggestFan: re: the "american bluegrass sound" - are you referring to the side project that andrew and brad were in, called Sister Brother? that was a blue-ishgrass band, from what i'd heard.

The band that I'm into (BP) is also going through a bit of a transiformation also. A show I was at a month ago they got away from their style-JAMing and it was'nt all together well recieved. The show reminded me a bit of the Duo show with Brad Barr {(Higher Ground???)one of my favorites} -n- I loved the direction. A lot of their fans are past tDB lovers -n- it did'nt quit meet up to their...

Anyways... I still have them (SLIP)on the calender for 12/1 -n- I will BUY the CD.