Jambands.ca

The Beautiful South (Wed, Nov 1, TO)

questcequecest?

i love this band too. i used to be a huge Housemartins fan, back in the day, and was lucky to have seen them play live in TO. i think i saw the beautiful south too. :o the late 80's / early 90's are a haze. ;)

woman in the wall is my fav BS tune. happy happy tune and whoa! what the hell did he just say!? he cut up his wife and put her body parts in the wall only to have them bleed thru? the sufjan stevens song, john wayne gacy, has the same delightfully cheerful yet bizarrely macabre feeling to it.

wow. the show was fantastic! lots of crowd energy and singalongs. lots!! the crowd was hyper, dancy, and very loud... the south seemed to really like the crowd, and even commented about the drowsy chicago crowd on the tour opener, relative to the excitable toronto crowd.

they opened with 'rose of my cologne' the first track off the new cd, and then straight into 'old red eyes' the crowd screamed and sang along, and from there it just got more fun! 36D, prettiest eyes, song for whoever, you keep it all in, one last love song, woman in the wall... and a few newer/unfamiliar songs.

the band was well rehearsed and bigger than expected. there were three vocalists (two guys, one girl), guitar, bass, drums, keys, percussion, plus two saxamophones and a trumpet. fun, fun!!

i'll post a few pics later.

t-shirts: $25

cd's: $20

i bought: several beers

wow. the show was fantastic! ... the band was well rehearsed and bigger than expected. there were three vocalists (two guys, one girl), guitar, bass, drums, keys, percussion, plus two saxamophones and a trumpet. fun, fun!!

EXCELLENT! Im jealous. A real treat! Paul Heaton has a great pop voice, I think. Yeah, I noticed how many horns were on the live tracks. Really added to it all and would have been amazing to see in such a small venue. How long was the show? Did you have a voice left at the end of the eveing? See any tapers? (motionless guys wearing baseball hats, glasses and a heavy backpack up near one of the speakers, hehe) :)