Jambands.ca

Nero Setlist Question

Jakis

I just uploaded a Nero video from Le Swimming to my computer, the date being 5-15-04. I am going to make a menu today but I do not have the setlist. Anyone, know the setlist for this show? I checked out archive.org but there is not a recording for this date.

thanks,

Jake

Thanks, Brad Ill first talk to rob when I get a hold of him and see if he kept a setlist. He filmed it and I am just uploading his tapes for him. I can send you a copy when I am done Dave. I am also planning on uploading it to tradersden. I have a few more Nero shows to upload as well as some other great bands.

cheers,

Jake

I was inspired to take a peek at the quotes and found this: all from one night!

Quotes of the Day: “Let’s put our hands together for Chris Buote, and nero!â€

“We’re not getting served fucking seafood liver tomorrow.â€

“Too bad none of us will remember THIS in the

morning.†(I do forget what that was about, too)

“Look at tits.â€

“

I like to fuck squirrels too!â€

There's one song left in the set, and I'm stumped: they came out of Centragnome, and went into a slow, spacy/funky kind of thing, with Lauzon going all DJ/scratching on the strings at times. Later on, it has some much more punishing (rigid, fast) rhythmic sections. I checked most of the 2004 set lists, and no titles seemed right (I played a bunch on the LMA to be sure). It takes up the last seven or so minutes of the set, so I think it's a song on its own, as opposed to just an ending to Centragnome. Anybody have any ideas?

Aloha,

Brad

Sounds to me like you're describing an extended Centregnome ending. After all the crazy shots at what sounds like it could be the end of Centregnome should be a chill part with a cool bass line that Dave eventually starts scratching over. That generally gives way to full on guitar chords into another riff. Then I grab another beer and soon enough the tune ends.

Thanks, Velvet, I'll go with that being it. (Centragnome is the bane of my nero set-list-keeping skills; I recall at least three nero shows in a row that I went to during which I went up to Velvet and asked, "What song is this?" Every single time, it was Centragnome.)

Aloha,

Brad