Jambands.ca

SCI - Done

StoneMtn

i think they could go on with out him, but probably won't. or they at least change the name.

he can't be replaced as a member of the band, though his influence is not nearly what it was... since they have been moving more and more away from the bluegrass and more towards the trance, his material really doesn't fit with them anymore.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys get hated on a lot, but I'll miss them - I've never had a bad time at one of their shows. With that said, I haven't made much effort to see them the past little while, because I don't dig the trance (nor do I think they do an especially good job of it).

"A String Cheese Incident" remains one of my all-time favourite official live releases. If they still played like that I'd be quite bummed about the split-up.

There was a small blurb in the footnotes section of Tuesday's New York Times arts section saying Nershi had left the group and that there were no plans for the band beyond the summer. I trust the Times to get it right so I sense as people have concluded this really is the end of the whole band not just this or that formation.

I liked SCI when they were bluegrassy. I liked the A String Cheese Incident disc. All downhill from there for me. They moved into jazzy (junkily) and trancey (junkily) and basket-weaving rock (junkily).

Oh, and Keller Williams should have fired his horn section years ago! I will never watch another Keller solo show, even if it means slightly turning my head to the left.

I liked SCI when they were bluegrassy. I liked the A String Cheese Incident disc. All downhill from there for me. They moved into jazzy (junkily) and trancey (junkily) and basket-weaving rock (junkily).

Oh, and Keller Williams should have fired his horn section years ago! I will never watch another Keller solo show, even if it means slightly turning my head to the left.

I totally agree. I think when they were bluegrassy they were in thier element. Then they seemed to kinda half play other generes.

P.S. No way in hell would Bobby ever join Cheese that would be step down for him. That is obviouslya joke.

Edited by Guest

I like SCI, particularly their recordings from 1999 and 2000. I've had a great time at a few SCI concerts, but I was also disappointed with the last Toronto show I saw (Big Summer Classic) ... the next night I saw the Burt Neilson Band and thought that they should have headlined the Big Summer Classic instead. Seriously. Having said that, I'll miss the Cheese, as they provided me with lots of sweet music and fond memories over the years.

Peace, Mark