Jambands.ca

Best Greasy Breakfast?

rubberdinghy

btw, breakfasts are ALL about the homefries. Fuck those up, you're useless.

Anyone can fry up some sausages but the homefries tell the whole story.

That is my first indicator as well. Absolutely important to have homefries with a nice crust from a flat grill or skillet. Onions need to be cooked in as well. Some seasonings too!

The homefries at Mello's are very tasty, but the Stone Faced Dolly's here are the BEST I've had in town. It also helps that they offer up local hotsauces there too. It goes great with the homefries.

This breakfast thread reminds me of something funny that happenned to me last week when I was travelling.

Went for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I was growing tired of bacon, sausages, and eggs, so I was in the mood for something different. Their menu offered a Continental breakfast - with cereal, toast, bowl of fruit, and yogurt. Juice and coffee was included for 7 bucks. Perfect! I ordered that.

A few minutes later the waitress came back and asked "how would you like your eggs cooked"!

It is down to three options for us:

Manx - Mashed potatoes rather than homefries...fantastic breakfast specials and their sausage rivals the farmer's sausage at StoneFace. And a delicious huevos ranchero's

Dim Sum - because sometimes there isn't enough salt in a traditional breakfast.

I've been to Mello's and it's a good time, especially at 4 in the morning when all the King Edward Ave. Prostitutes go. Amazingly Lisa (the huge chick) seems to be there 24 hours a day! You have to get a milkshake with your breakfast at Mello's, and Mike I agree with youthat their homefries (the shredded variety) are quite tasty...and you can ask for onions on them.

Some of my blackburn hamlet friends love going to Louis'...I think on innes road...for a cheap breakfast.