Jambands.ca

RC: Greg Keelor and The Sadies in the hammer tonight

Wassink Wild Card!

I managed to catch both the Sadies and Greg Keelor. The Sadies blew my socks off. Wow. Those boys can really rock and roll. What a fantastic show. Greg was great as well. That is, for as long as he played. The 'solo' set never happened at all and his set with The Sadies was probably only 45 minutes long. $25 seems pretty unreasonably for 45 minutes of the headliner. There was no encore either. I'm not sure if he was in a bad mood or dissapointed with the behaviour of the crowd (lots of clappy-clappy singy-singy types) or maybe not feeling well or what. I would have really liked to see more because I really enjoyed what I did see.

Nice to see edger and wassink out enjoying the show!

I did pick up Greg's new album as well as a triple-LP set of the Sadies live. I think it's the same one that you picked up Wassink but on vinyl. Was yours a three-CD set?

Actually Willy, it was me that picked up the live disc, and yes I believe it is the same.

Yeah, I would echo your sentiments. What I did see what great, but you know it started late and ended early. I really wanted to see some solo Keelor as well, but it was not to be. But yeah, the kids basically screaming over his vocals was a little annoying. I didn't pay to hear their own karaoke version of Hasn't Hit me Yet. I got the sense that he may have been a little annoyed with that as well. Harder to ignore in a small venue.

It was my first time seeing the Sadies, and I was totally impressed. I think they're a lot of fun, and definitely quality musicians.

What an eclectic mix of a crowd... My highlight was the head-banging, cheerleading middle aged women front-row centre.... Holy enthusiasm!

What an eclectic mix of a crowd... My highlight was the head-banging, cheerleading middle aged women front-row centre.... Holy enthusiasm!

Ah, the one that kept holding her camera up within inches of Greg's face and snapping flash-photos of him? She must have 50 such shots now. I think if I were him I would have stopped playing, grabbed the camera, and thrown it to the back of the stage.

Oh yeah, I had a good time as well last night!

I do wish that a 2-3 song encore was played, because then it would have felt more like a complete show. I do agree it was a wee bit short.

The crowd was annoying for sure, but entertaining somehow as well. I always find that Blue Rodeo fans don't seem to get out much and are a wee bit out of touch at live shows. My fav was the woman that was taking a million pics of Travis and Greg, damn she needed some pom poms!

The live Sadies CD is a two cd set willy. Holy value though eh? There are like 40+ songs on it.

All in all it was a good sunday night in the hammer for sure.