Jambands.ca

favorite cheese

fluffhead77

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

took some suggestions from here last night when purchasing some cheese from the best cheese store known in these parts (the Cheese Boutique) and grabbed the following:

Oka Classique

St. Paulin

Camenbert

Guiness Cheddar

Shropshire

Smoked Applewood Cheddar

everything was delectable...i think the shropshire was the only cheese I had yet to try and it was fantastique (thanks mike)

oh and I tried that cheese Jaybone was speaking of...he wan't kidding, it twas full of knee buckling goodness!

Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue.

Bresse Bleu is good. Nice and mild.

The crazy danish blues are too strong. Brie-ee Blues are the way to go.

Also I like most goat cheeses. NiCastro in the Glebe has crazy cheeses. I buying little bits of crazy cheeses at the House of Cheese in the market. But they never stick around long enough for me to remember their names.

I took a long hiatus from Havarti because it was too soft and not stron g enough. I pcked some up the other day though and it's still enjoyable...but it looked like they got rid of the dill version which was my favorite.

Here's a cool cheese shot from a market in france that we went to. Most of these cheeses were semi-soft washed rind raw cheeses. Like a firm brie but with a nice sharp tang from the unpasteurized milk.

gallery_23331_3511_91208.jpg

• 3 years later...

A Kentucky woman in jail for public intoxication has been accused of assaulting a jailer by squirting breast milk at her, Associated Press reports. WYMT-TV reported that a 31-year-old woman was arrested on a misdemeanour charge of public intoxication. But as she was changing into an inmate uniform, she squirted breast milk into the face of a female deputy who was with her. The woman now faces a felony charge of third-degree assault on a police officer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

we tried the Cendrillon yesterday after reading this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/trends/cheese/what-does-the-worlds-best-cheese-taste-like/article1971487/

Quite liked it, thought it needed to come up to room temperature a bit more though to bring out the subtle flavour. I also want to try the author's idea of having just before its best before date

we tried the Cendrillon yesterday after reading this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/trends/cheese/what-does-the-worlds-best-cheese-taste-like/article1971487/

Quite liked it, thought it needed to come up to room temperature a bit more though to bring out the subtle flavour. I also want to try the author's idea of having just before its best before date

It gets a little "hot" near or after it's date. once it's a week or so past it will start to burn your throat a bit. Nice little cheese for sure. I can say I'm not a fan of the "with herbs" or "plain" version of this cheese that are also available. You just don't get that acidic/spicy taste that you receive with the ash covered one.

Edited by Guest

• 10 months later...