Jambands.ca

Ever have a mole just up and fall off?

Patchoulia

I have..er..HAD..this mole on my neck.

It fell off.

Yup--fell off.

I'm not sure if I should be alarmed by this or not.

On one hand, people pay good money for cosmetic mole removal.

On the other hand, I shudder to think this could be a harbinger of things to come..such as other body parts or appendages falling off.

What's a newly moleless girl to do?

you're ok! moles have a life cycle, they come, they grow, they leave.

the only thing to be concerned with mole-wise is when they grow in a weird irregular shape or have a weird colouring.

edit to add: that being said, i'm no doctor. just a girl with a few freckles who asked her doctor about them one time.

Edited by Guest

I have not seen "How to Get Ahead in Advertising"...is there a mole-falling-off theme of which I should be aware?

MamaPink--It was HUGE!

The funny thing about this particular mole was that I had a mole in that location my entire life. A teeny, tiny floppy one--that got ripped off in an amateur wrestling match* with a guy in my residence in first year university.

Then it grew back..and kept growing..I had a dermatologist look at it a couple of years ago because it concerned me (he assured me it wasn't skin cancer). Me and the new, rapidly growing mole peacefully co-existed until its recent, unceremonious abandonment of my neck.

------------------------

*Not a cleverly veiled euphemism for anything illicit. I think it was an argument over the TV remote that got out of hand.

I had a wart on my thumb when I was 12.

I got in a fight with my sister...she attempted to slam the door in my face, but my thumb got in the way...that wart went flying. That bitch bled like no other.

I've also had a couple of blue nevises (sp?) removed...the first of which had to be bore out of my leg...he kept cutting and scooping, and cutting and scooping...ick.

but no, no moles falling off this girl. yet.

::crosses fingers::

I got in a fight with my sister...she attempted to slam the door in my face, but my thumb got in the way...

Wow, holidays at your place must have been off-the-hook!

I slammed my thumb in my own car door when I was 17...to this day, the nail is totally fucked up. And pretty gross, if I do say so myself.