Jambands.ca

Widespread to play Langaredo

Large Marge

I've been trying to get a crew together for Langaredo for two years now. With this announcement, I have decided taht I will be going this year, whether any of you kind folks come or not. I'd much prefer company though, so let me know if you're in.

"We’re pleased to announce that Widespread Panic will be one of the headliners of the 5th annual Langerado Music Festival taking place Match 9-11, 2007 in Sunrise, Florida! The initial lineup announcement will be made at www.langerado.com this Wednesday November 15th, but we wanted to let our fans know a little bit early. Tickets for the festival go on sale Saturday, November 18th at 10am EST at www.langerado.com. We hope to see you all there for our first appearance at Langerado!"

I went to the 2005 show with string cheese incident headlining. I believe their is camping but it's not associated with the festivel. Way cooler to get a hotel on the beach though. I think we are going again this year. It was such a great fest a few years agao. VIP is recommended. The year we went you get parking right next to the fest and you are not questioned. We drank canadian beer the entire fest. Brought them in our coolers and no one said a word to us. But cats who went regular entrance got shake down. Should be a great fest hopefully my crew get's it together and we head down again.. ciao Rob

I got tickets last year although I didnt end up going(boo hiss) and I think I remember that camping was available to purchase (for an extra fee) at the same time you buy the ticket.There are different campsites available and the ones closest to the stages sell out fast.Like really fast.Cant remember how much extra but I vaguely think the whole package cam to about 400 bucks Canadian.Last Januray....so,so blurry.

from PT moe board:

The Langerado Music Festival is known for kicking off the country’s festival season each March by attracting thousands of music lovers from all over the country to sunny South Florida. Today, the region’s premier music festival makes its first announcement regarding the artist line-up for its fifth annual event, happening at Markham Park on March 9, 10, and 11, 2007. Reputed for always gathering a diverse collection of today’s hottest artists, 2007’s Langerado Music Festival is thrilled to host Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, moe., O.A.R., Matisyahu, Micheal Franti & Spearhead, Paolo Nutini, The Disco Biscuits, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Toots and the Maytals, Los Lobos, Blackalicious, Yerba Buena, Girl Talk, Explosions in the Sky, Rodrigo y Gabriela and many, many others. Visit www.langerado.com for the complete list of confirmed artists, with more artists still to be announced.

Confirmed Artists:

Widespread Panic

Trey Anastasio

moe.

Matisyahu

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

O.A.R. (...of a revolution)

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks

Medeski Martin & Wood

The Disco Biscuits

STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)

Los Lobos

Taj Mahal

North Mississippi Allstars

Toots and the Maytals

Blackalicious

Explosions in the Sky

Pepper

New Orleans Social Club

Soulive

Mofro

Perpetual Groove

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings

Yerba Buena

Tea Leaf Green

New Monsoon

The Mutaytor

Band of Horses

Four Tet

Paolo Nutini

Assembly of Dust

The Slip

Girl Talk

Toubab Krewe

Lotus

Apollo Sunshine

Si*Se

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Jake Shimabukuro

Kid Beyond

Dubconscious

afro poppa - you moving to the other side of the world or are you just travelling for a bit?

I am going there for exchange, so I guess I'll be living there for five months and then slowly making my way back. I have tentative return date of May 22 (which is the day school ends) but I am 98 percent sure I'll be travelling afterwards, possibly on an around-the-world plane ticket. :)