Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

Fuck Yeah!!!

That is the best news that I have heard all day!!

I was at the game on Mon and the boys were looking good (at least for the 1rst and 3rd period) In the second they let up, but it was good to see that they could hold the lead and not fall apart once NJ got within one. It should be a great game tonight, GO LEAFS GO!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and McCabe looked like a chump tonight. Just like he does every night. Most overrated Leaf ever? Maybe...

I fully agree with you. I have never been a huge fan of McCabe. He coughs the puck up at the blue line ALL the time. He also has a tendency to stand around and watch while in the crease area while "defending" and take dumb penalties at inoppurtune times. He's best suited to be on the ice while on the power play, simply as a distraction while Kaberle, Wellwood, Tucker and Sundin get the job done.

Crazy game last night. Officiating was a complete joke. Ridiculous calls made against both teams.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

LOL ... love that picture.

Interesting article. This is a very positive thing and the Leafs should be congratulated for agreeing on participating. One of my best friends couldn't "come out" about his homosexuality until he was in his 30s. Even then, he was afraid that he'd lose his friends. This guy was the best hockey player i knew growing up and came from a very "macho" family. They are still trying to come to grips with it ... sad :(

I liked the quote in the article:

The Montreal Canadiens would also probably have agreed. Calgary Flames, I'm not so sure about.

LOL ... probably true too.

UGH ... haven't been on for a couple of days.

The Leafs really put the "turd" in SaTURDay night's game. They looked like shit for the first two periods. THere was a lot of excitement in the third and then McCabe had to play totally out of position and blow any sort of momentum they had ... and the game.

Credit to Boston as they played a much better game all around.

Should be an interesting rematch this week.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - loved how tucker made the might Chara fall to the ground.

Leafs send Tellqvist to Phoenix

tellqvist_79867.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs have moved their surplus goalie. Toronto general manager John Ferguson Jr. traded Mikael Tellqvist to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Tyson Nash and a fourth round draft pick.

Nash, 31, has been in the minors this season. He played 50 games for Phoenix last season, notching six assists. His best NHL season was 2000-2001 when he scored eight goals and seven assists for 15 points while piling up 110 penalty minutes.

Nash played with Darcy Tucker in junior, winning Memorial Cups with the Kamloops Blazers.

The Coyotes are looking for Tellqvist to shore up their inconsistent netminding.

Tellqvist played 25 games for the Leafs last season, posting a 10-11-2 record with a 3.13 goals against average and a .895 save percentage. He failed to stick with the Leafs this season after Jean-Sebastien Aubin beat him out for the back-up job behind Andrew Raycroft.

TYSON NASH

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Tyson_Nash/

Assets

Loves to initiate contact. Holds his own in five-on-five competition and is unafraid of dropping the gloves. Throws opponents off their game with antics.

Flaws

Does a bit too much trash-talking on the ice and occasionally hurts his team by taking bad penalties. Is extremely injury-prone.

Career potential

Fourth line agitator.

UGH ... Good on Tim Thomas was outstanding in net for Boston. Shit, 46 shots on net and only one goes in??? (and not a great on either). What a performance.

Leafs looked amazing in the first period. Too bad they couldn't get anything going on their 6 power plays. Boston is much more of a force to be reckoned with than people give them credit for.

McCabe? Well, twisting his ankle and coughing up the puck blew any chance of tying the game. I heard him complain about the ice? Come on. It's the end of the third period.... do you expect it to be perfect????? They were playing in rinks with puddles in the 60s and 70s man!!!!

Next game ... Atlanta?

Guest Low Roller

Dear Leafs fans,

I bare no major ill will against you. After all you can't help it that you are Leafs fans. Regardless, I come in peace.

In our present salary cap reality we need to dump one of our players off of the Habs fan roster. One Andre "Booche" Bouchard is available for transaction. It's not because he's paid a high salary, but it's mainly the wretched stank that comes from him. The locker room emits evil smells, and frankly we can't take it anymore.

You guys stink anyways, so he'll fit right in.

Best regards,

Low Roller